Belkin Play Max F7D4301v1 now partially supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Shiroto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:36    Post subject: Please help !! Reply with quote
crayzee wrote:
crayzee wrote:
Sounds nice, I also noticed the problems using both harddrives at the same time.

The speed while writing files through wireless to the harddrives is about 1MB/s... not that much...

How do I have to do this?
1. Use wired connection to router (with Belkin Firmware). Perform 'restore to factory setting'.
2. Do a hard reset using the 30/30/30 method
3. Log in to the Belkin firmware WebUI and upload the mini file.
4. Another 30/30/30 reset
5. Log in to the DDWRT firmware and upload BIG version

6. After this procedure, log in to the WebUI and upload that Toastman's build??

Which file from the database you linked will I need??

I also wrote you a private message...

Thanks

I tried and managed it myself:

1. 30/30/30 reset
2. load "dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini" in GUI
3. enter new DD-WRT GUI
4. flash "tomato-K26USB-1.28.7496.2MIPSR2-Toastman-RT-Ext"
5. another 30/30/30

After that and about 2-3h of configuration and troubleshouting it works fine!!

Both harddisks are mounted perfectly (at the same time - big problem with the original firmware!) and I have instant access from my BluRayDisc-Player and my Netbook over W7 Explorer…

If anybody got questions, feel free to ask Wink

I have tried to follow the instruction to upgrade my Play Max with the above-mention tomato firmware but now I am stuck at the GUI login as the username and password are different from default of root/admin. Even the 30/30/30 method doesn't help at all and I cannot flash back to stock due to no access to the GUI.

If anyone of you don't mind to share with me what the bloody username & password are? Or at least a way to go back to stock or dd-wrt? Otherwise my wireless router will simple become a router without wireless.

Many thanks in advance. Crying or Very sad
Sponsor
Distopia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 18:28    Post subject: Re: Please help !! Reply with quote
[quote="Shiroto"]
crayzee wrote:

If anyone of you don't mind to share with me what the bloody username & password are? Or at least a way to go back to stock or dd-wrt? Otherwise my wireless router will simple become a router without wireless.

Tomato default pass:
admin/admin
Btw always remember the webserver. You can delete nvram, upload new firmware and so on (press wps button, plug in power, keep it pressed for 6-7 s, go to the last address set)
Shiroto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 18:59    Post subject: Re: Please help !! Reply with quote
[quote="Distopia"]
Shiroto wrote:
crayzee wrote:

Tomato default pass:
admin/admin
Btw always remember the webserver. You can delete nvram, upload new firmware and so on (press wps button, plug in power, keep it pressed for 6-7 s, go to the last address set)

Hi mate, thanks for your reply. Actually I have tried all the combination that I could think of admin/admin, root/admin, admin/password, ect but still no hope. By the way I used tomato-K26USB-1.28.7496.2MIPSR2-Toastman-RT-Ext.trx to flash from ddwrt mini in web UI and not sure if it was a bad flash. Do you have any suggestion if I can flash back to stock or ddwrt firmware without access to web UI ( I really have no idea why the username and password are different from default as you have mentioned). Question Question Question
Distopia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:00    Post subject: Re: Please help !! Reply with quote
Shiroto wrote:
( I really have no idea why the username and password are different from default as you have mentioned). Question Question Question

This is the reason (from tomato FAQ):
Quote:
If you're upgrading from the DD-WRT firmware, telnet into the router *before* upgrading and type "nvram get http_passwd". The result will be your password in Tomato. This is necessary because of a change in DD-WRT's way of using the standard http_passwd variable.

I did the same flashing and, in my case, the pass was: user name "root" and password "admin"
BTW if you still have problem, GO to the mini websever: press wps button, plug in power, keep it pressed for 6-7 s, go to 192.168.1.1.
It works without password and you can delete the nvram memory (restoring the pass to admin/admin) or flash a new firmware, no need for the tomato GUI.
Shiroto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15    Post subject: Re: Please help !! Reply with quote
Distopia wrote:
Shiroto wrote:
( I really have no idea why the username and password are different from default as you have mentioned). Question Question Question

This is the reason (from tomato FAQ):
Quote:
If you're upgrading from the DD-WRT firmware, telnet into the router *before* upgrading and type "nvram get http_passwd". The result will be your password in Tomato. This is necessary because of a change in DD-WRT's way of using the standard http_passwd variable.

I did the same flashing and, in my case, the pass was: user name "root" and password "admin"
BTW if you still have problem, GO to the mini websever: press wps button, plug in power, keep it pressed for 6-7 s, go to 192.168.1.1.
It works without password and you can delete the nvram memory (restoring the pass to admin/admin) or flash a new firmware, no need for the tomato GUI.

Hi mates, I could finally breakthrough to the mini websever and reset the bloody username and password by following your instruction. You have just saved me many bucks on new router and the Tomato firmware works like champ now. Million thanks to the community here for enhancing quality of life that benefits million of end users like me. Razz Laughing Rolling Eyes
JJ_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips guys. I prefer Tomato over DD-WRT. Tomato gives much better performance and WAN->LAN throughput, almost 4 MB/s better in my case.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
JJ_ wrote:
Thanks for the tips guys. I prefer Tomato over DD-WRT. Tomato gives much better performance and WAN->LAN throughput, almost 4 MB/s better in my case.

Do you still need to load dd-wrt first before loading Tomato or have they finally learnt how to make an initial file to load Tomato directly when you have Belkin firmware on the router?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

Do you still need to load dd-wrt first

Yes.
The point is that there is no tomato official version for Belkin.
BTW even ddwrt is still on "partial support".
DDWRT performances on belkin are quite poor on
F7D4301 v 1.
After some tests I manage to build up a repeater but the power and the throughput are totally lacking.
On the other way, the same ddwrt repeater with a fonera 2100 works flawless.

Throughput, power and usb support seem better on tomato, but there is not repeater mode neither virtual interfaces + clients.

I will wait for a stable version Smile
The_Greek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me how i can get the wireless 5GHZ working as it's not showing up on my network.
Lioman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:23    Post subject: Which packet Reply with quote
There are many packets in the Dowload-area/Others/eko of dd-wrt.com.

Should I take the one mentioned in the Forum or a newer one?
Luper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:10    Post subject: Thank you all, updated Reply with quote
I wanted to thank all the coders and posters on this forum. First thank you from a while ago from when I updated my Belkin from the stock Belkin firmware to dd-wrt. I would also like to say Thank you again for me updateing to my current Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/08/12) big - build 18687 (which is labeled build 18688 on the download file).

I did as I was told to do a 30/30/30...
Then falsh the mini...
Then flash the big...
Then for good measure do another 30/30/30.

Works great and the 5GHz radio is working... I'm going to try to get the usb to work as well...

Mahalo,
Luper
joorge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dragooon wrote:
Does it support Torrent Genie or some similar features that are given by this router? Do you intend on supporting them?

i also have belkin playmax. and im intersted in upgrading my firmware. will someone please answer the question i qouted above? thanks
drhenhead
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 18:36    Post subject: missing services Reply with quote
Is there a reason why some of the services would not show up on a F7D8301v1 when they seem to show up on a F7D4302 with the same build (dd-wrt.v24-18777_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin). Specifically, I noticed that the VNC Repeater service is missing on the 8301 when it showed up on the 4302.

Thanks in advance.
iamgigglz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanna say THANK YOU to Eko for creating this.

I bought my Play Max F7D4301v1 a week ago, fought with the stock firmware for about an hour, and decided to bite the bullet and flash dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.

This was my first attempt at dd-wrt and after 30mins of reading I was good to go. (Seriously, take the time and read that Peacock thread).
Flash dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini first, then upped it to the _big version; not seeing any difference though

WHAT an improvement over the stock firmware though! Stable and fast - what more could I ask for?

I'm only getting around 2.6MB/s (22Mbit/s) when writing to my external drive via FTP, but I was lucky to get half that with the stock firmware.

My next challenge is uPnP - anyone know of an easy way to get that going without having to reformat my NTFS drive?

FTP works but I don't want to install XBMC on ALL my PCs to stream stuff.

Cheers and thanks again, Eko.
joorge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 15:29    Post subject: Re: Please help !! Reply with quote
Shiroto wrote:
crayzee wrote:
crayzee wrote:
Sounds nice, I also noticed the problems using both harddrives at the same time.

The speed while writing files through wireless to the harddrives is about 1MB/s... not that much...

How do I have to do this?
1. Use wired connection to router (with Belkin Firmware). Perform 'restore to factory setting'.
2. Do a hard reset using the 30/30/30 method
3. Log in to the Belkin firmware WebUI and upload the mini file.
4. Another 30/30/30 reset
5. Log in to the DDWRT firmware and upload BIG version

6. After this procedure, log in to the WebUI and upload that Toastman's build??

Which file from the database you linked will I need??

I also wrote you a private message...

Thanks

I tried and managed it myself:

1. 30/30/30 reset
2. load "dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini" in GUI
3. enter new DD-WRT GUI
4. flash "tomato-K26USB-1.28.7496.2MIPSR2-Toastman-RT-Ext"
5. another 30/30/30

After that and about 2-3h of configuration and troubleshouting it works fine!!

Both harddisks are mounted perfectly (at the same time - big problem with the original firmware!) and I have instant access from my BluRayDisc-Player and my Netbook over W7 Explorer…

If anybody got questions, feel free to ask Wink

I have tried to follow the instruction to upgrade my Play Max with the above-mention tomato firmware but now I am stuck at the GUI login as the username and password are different from default of root/admin. Even the 30/30/30 method doesn't help at all and I cannot flash back to stock due to no access to the GUI.

i also tried this, but now i cant open tomato web interface. had 30 30 30 reset nothing happened.
tried the reset button again cant open web interface/ now my router is garbage. tsk tsk tsk/ can anyone help me? thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 12 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: