Belkin Play Max F7D4301v1 now partially supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
mazxim wrote:
So it's somehow confermed by you that Client/Repeater bridge modes doesn't work on all these builds..

yes
It seems to work on Kongs 22000, I wanted to know anyway, I followed:DD-WRT Repeater Bridge

it even seems to work to bridge wl1 but then the rate on the base unit is just 27 Mbps while the other has 216 Mbps. Question

kongRepeaterBrigge.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.99 KB
 Viewed:  26753 Time(s)

kongRepeaterBrigge.jpg

Sponsor
mazxim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
kong's 22000 or 22200 ? (weird, it didn't worked to me first time a tried) I'll give it another try! Is that "normal" all that TX packet transmission errors?
I'll follow those threads you have mentioned Wink
Thank you.
itsr0y
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 0:28    Post subject: Re: F7D8301 installation "instructions" (Sep 8, 20 Reply with quote
I am planning to flash my F7D8301v1 this weekend but I'd like a little clarification.
On page 21, jasonbuechler wrote:
How I DD-WRT'd my Belkin F7D8301 v1 (F7D8301v1 for the search engines...)

Two questions:
1. Do I need to start with dd-wrt.v24-15030_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin or can I start with the dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin listed on the router database?
2. Can I just stick with mini, or do I need to upgrade to big to get 5ghz working?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 0:53    Post subject: Re: F7D8301 installation "instructions" (Sep 8, 20 Reply with quote
itsr0y wrote:
I am planning to flash my F7D8301v1 this weekend but I'd like a little clarification.
On page 21, jasonbuechler wrote:
How I DD-WRT'd my Belkin F7D8301 v1 (F7D8301v1 for the search engines...)

Two questions:
1. Do I need to start with dd-wrt.v24-15030_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin or can I start with the dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin listed on the router database?
2. Can I just stick with mini, or do I need to upgrade to big to get 5ghz working?

Read the announcements and stickies at the top of this forum. There is an interesting tidbit about the router database you linked to.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:51    Post subject: Re: F7D8301 installation "instructions" (Sep 8, 20 Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Read the announcements and stickies at the top of this forum. There is an interesting tidbit about the router database you linked to.

Understood. Use the exact versions recommended by jasonbuechler on page 21.

Guess what, it worked! A few notes:

• For the "CFE miniWeb Server" step:

• You need to clear your cache or else odd stuff will happen. I always hear that and think, "Not with modern browsers!" but it's true.
    • You need to use Internet Explorer on Windows. Sad but true. Chrome on Linux didn't work (after a second of uploading it would switch to a blank page), nor did IE under wine. I had to fire up a Windows VM and run IE.
    • The uploading step is long. It took several minutes to upload, with almost no indication of progress.
    • At the end of the upload, I got redirected to /f2.htm with the following text:
      Quote:

Receive file size=3457024
      Upload completed. System will reboot. Please wait a few moments.

Continue

• Once the upload finished, the light on the router went off and I couldn't ping it. Although I wanted to restart the router, I followed the directions to the T and did a 30/30/30 reset even though the light was off. Sure enough, after a few seconds into the first "30", the light came back on and started changing colors.
  • Everything else went smoothly!

I also had tried and failed to load Tomato. In particular, I downloaded tomato-K26USB-1.28.RT-N5x-MIPSR2-116-VPN.trx (Shibby's build) and:

• tried to load it directly from the Belkin GUI (as recommended here), but got
    Quote:
    Upgrade file is not the correct type or version for this device. Upgrade failed. Please obtain the correct file and try again

• tried to load it from the dd-wrt mini (at the stage where jasonbuechler tells you to load the "big" build, but got "Upgrade failed".

So, I gave up on Tomato.
mazxim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:28    Post subject: F7D4301 v1 SSH-HTTPS-CLIENT_BRIDGE MODES (r22200) Reply with quote
lobotron wrote:
Yes, It seems to work on Kongs 22000

YES! My mistake, I just reflashed Kong's r22200 (your screenshots reported r22200 and not r22000, obviously you made a typo) and step by step I activated all the options I need (SSH, HTTPS, MAC clone and various wl0 tweaks) and yes, it works flawlessy indeed this time. Not a single glitch on the web-gui, giving it just some seconds after applying options and the router continued to ping without issues the other router it was bridged to.. and itself! I even tried to stress it by change options at random and it still works. Using client bridge it works with WPA2-AES or without.
I used all the time mixed mode on both side. I didn't tried others mode.

lobotron wrote:
it even seems to work to bridge wl1 but then the rate on the base unit is just 27 Mbps while the other has 216 Mbps. :?:

Good to knows, I'll try further investigations too.
Thanks again! Bye.
mazxim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: maybe I discovered what cause random malfunctions, in my setup - the MAC clone option. It seems to work at first but, after some seconds, ping and web-gui stop to work, leaving WIFI (wl0) continue to work with MAC address altered as want it to be.
Reset is the only way to recover from it.
mazxim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update2: I just semi-bricked it attempting to upload latest K3.X build from web-gui. Now it loads correctly the CFE miniweb server on 192.168.2.1. I got NVRAM cleared through relative option. But there's a problem: if I try to upload latest "mini" build (r23598) the page just got stuck without any messages, status bar on Firefox say °Waiting for.." and get stuck with that. I waited even 45 minutes. I tried official firmware as well, same results. Why? Is there something I'm missing?

Update3: SOLVED, Using Chrome Browser (31.0) instead of Firefox (24.3.2) solved the issue. Uploading of a dd-wrt (mini) take about 5 minutes. Anyway, r23598 still has WIFI broken (I didn't test other modes). Right now, kong's r22200 seems to be the best build for this router.
mazxim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried r21676, but the problem with MAC clone option is still there. Apparentely it doesn't affect the WIFI side, only WAN side. So you can have WIFI MAC changed and everything else conitnue to be operational.
So I came back to kong's r22200.. another problem that I just noticed now in repeater bridge mode: if I set any WIFI security (WPA2/WPA or WEP) on the virtual SSID, the router hicup with the ping (I only can get a bunch of correct responses and than timeouts, on regular basis). I tried every options on WIFI side that could be related to such timeouts but nothing changed. Perhaps, what other build can I try?
I'm out of ideas, I'm gonna hate this router :-)
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wink I don't know if it fixes your problems but as you pointed me to the fractal builds I checked out some of them. 23387 didn't give me a radio at all. I gave 23040 a quick try and it looks really promising. The only thing missing for me is a std_usb_nas version, but you would flash mega. So I am playing with 22960 for now.

Oh, don't get confused after flashing, 23040 states to be 22786 but the build date is ok or I'm completely messed up Shocked

Question Anyone knowing why it needs to be std_usb_nas for cool mount scripts? Confused
mazxim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried fractal's r23040 - in repeater mode, adding a virtual SSID and save the configuration give me no access to the web-gui (but router stills respond to ping)
Unusable to me. fratal's r22960 doesn't show the above mentioned bug, but have the exact same issue about regular ping timeouts on virtual SSID.
Tomorrow, when I'll have more spare time i'll continue to look at those builds.
Have a good day :-)
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
mazxim wrote:
r23040 - in repeater mode, adding a virtual SSID and save the configuration give me no access to the web-gui

Confirmed, but I got it configered from clean boot by telnet into it, give it a /etc/init.d/rcS, wait, WebIf comes back, sometimes, if not again /etc/init.d/rcS. (No idea why this worked, sleep 1 may also do) I ended up with 2 virtual interfaces but was able to delete the 2nd.

Going through all the steps and reboot WebIf seems to work normal. Repeater operation also ok 20 miniutes, almost no errors. (RX) 109066 OK, no error, (TX) 57522 OK, 29 errors.

I always tweak TX Power down to less than 45 mW.

Good luck!

/edit: 1.(...)
jdubin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using a Belkin N300 F7D7301 v1. Is Kong's R22200 build (specifically, http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K26/r22200/usb-ftp-samba3-vpn-nv32k-broadcom.bin) a good choice at this point? I'm on a Tomato build currently, but I suspect the WAN to LAN speeds are slower than they should be (I'm not getting more than around 12mbps downstream via a wired link). I actively use SSH, OpenVPN (server), USB, and QoS.

Also, I've seen posts where people have trouble flashing back to Tomato after using dd-wrt. Without need to resort to JTAG, etc., will this be a problem should I need to go back?
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
...one of the best

what kind of trouble? Did you discover a CFE mini server, could come up after >10 seconds pushing reset, I think it should take pretty much anything.

JTAG, serial would mean soldering.
jdubin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice, thanks.

Trouble, I don't know... just thought I saw a few posts about folks flashing to dd on this device and not being able to go back easily... complaints when uploading the fw or something. I could be totally wrong about that -- please, nobody should take that as anything other than rumor and conjecture.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 23 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: