Belkin Play Max F7D4301v1 now partially supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
mizamori
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have 2 of these routers. I successfully flashed them with the mega build from the router database. I had one working as a wireless client for 2 wireless networks (cable on 2.4ghz cell tether on 5ghz) and that was working fine. The other one wasn't in use.

I decided to try flashing stdkong build 22200M on the one I wasn't using. It flashed fine so I tried to flash the other one too.
I did a 30/30/30 before trying to flash and it bricked it. So i'm going to try to JTAG it back to life.

The other one running 22200M seems to have some issues with client mode when I try to set up both bands in client. I need to disable 2.4GHz to get the 5GHz to work even though the AP I am configured to connect to on 2.4 isn't active.(my internet gets turned off at night so I tether on 5ghz)
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Two things.
One, you don't need jtag only serial.
Two, read the announcements and stickies at the top of this forum, do not use the router database.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
The firmware from the database wasn't the issue. I flashed it without a problem on both of my routers months ago before reading the sticky.
Anyway trying to flash r22200 on my second router corrupted the kernel or something.
So I slapped together the most ghetto JTAG cable ever but managed to get it to connect. I erased the NVRAM and Kernel and then I could access the CFE miniWeb Server.
Then I uploaded usb-ftp-samba3-vpn-nv32k-broadcom.bin using the CFE (windows, latest chrome) and it worked.

In the end, flashing one router from Mega from the DB to r22200 worked flawlessly while trying the same thing on the second router bricked it and required JTAGing to fix, but both are now running r22200. At least I learned something about JTAGing. Good to know!
lolekthegreat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've managed to save 2 of my bricked Belkin's F7D4301v1 yesterday.
Serial console saved my day.

Where did I make a mistake? When the login screen on first Tomato bootup appeared, I couldn't login to router with any of default userame/password options because I could only login with encrypted password I should get in DD-WRT (command nvram get http_password). Because I didn't have that password ( Smile ), I rebooted the router once more and the router is looking dead. But it's not. Not cleared NVRAM is making it to bootloop.

What is needed:
1. serial-RS232 to USB cable (you need only GND, TX and RX, not VCC 3.3V); something like this http://www.ebay.de/itm/400565253775?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

2. putty or any other terminal with serial connection (HyperTerminal in WinXP)

3. connect the cable (Win7 automatically found drivers I needed)

4. connect cable on J3 tag in powered off router (3 pins needed); http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89931&highlight=
VCC = red (my cable specs); don't connect this
GND = black
TX = green
RX = white (yellow)

5. create and start a serial connection in putty
Port = COM(x); port you adapter is plugged into
Bits per second = 115200
Data Bits = 8
Parity = none
Stop bits = 1
Flow control = none

6. power on the router

7. press space to stop router from booting and enter CFE console

8. in CFE console enter:
NVRAM CLEAR
REBOOT

Tomato is now booting without problems (wait 2-3 min) Smile

If you are interested pm me and i'll give you detailed instructions if needed.

Thanks, Aleš
newbie123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Seems I have bricked my router as well. I flashed my router firmware from 18xx something (mega) to 21061 (mega) and now I cannot log into my router's web interface, nor do I see any green LED or a orange LED on my router. Simple the light are turned off. The 30/30/30 reset does not work either. Is there another way to recover my router?
nlhaines
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm getting one of these in the mail tonight, and plan on flashing it using the instruction here. Can anyone recommend a stable and feature-rich build of tomato to flash? Or if I shouldn't be flashing Tomato what version of DD WRT should I be using.

Stability and Speed are most important to me, followed by features.
dustya340
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
nlhaines wrote:
I'm getting one of these in the mail tonight, and plan on flashing it using the instruction here. Can anyone recommend a stable and feature-rich build of tomato to flash? Or if I shouldn't be flashing Tomato what version of DD WRT should I be using.

Stability and Speed are most important to me, followed by features.

I have two of these in use and the last build that I have found to be stable is 21676. On paper they appear to be great routers but the wireless range is less than spectacular. They are more than adequate for wired duties however.
anees.sw
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a F7D4301 running 19545M from July 2012 Very Happy. I do have a few wifi issues and so I thought I'd finally upgrade.

So far I understand that k26 r21676 Big is pretty stable. Does any one have any recommendations about newer builds like 22200M so far as wifi stability goes?
What about even newer builds like 24160?
What about K3X builds ? Is that a no-no?

Sorry I haven't been active on the forums for a LONG time and reading all these threads with contradicting posts is pretty confusing.
liftedplane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
anees.sw wrote:
I have a F7D4301 running 19545M from July 2012 Very Happy. I do have a few wifi issues and so I thought I'd finally upgrade.

So far I understand that k26 r21676 Big is pretty stable. Does any one have any recommendations about newer builds like 22200M so far as wifi stability goes?
What about even newer builds like 24160?
What about K3X builds ? Is that a no-no?

Sorry I haven't been active on the forums for a LONG time and reading all these threads with contradicting posts is pretty confusing.

I'm wondering the same thing, I just got an F7D8302 v1 from a friend and after installing 21061 Mega I first saw the 5ghz connection settings then after setting it all up and rebooting the router the 5ghz one was gone and wifi did not work at all... none of my devices could see it and I was unable to even view it in a wireless site survey using my other router.

It's just working as a switch right now, wifi off... but it's better than my f7d3301 by far.
Fuli10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
I have a F7D4301v1 too, and the last stable version I've found is the 23919 mega version.
OK, there are still few small issues but less important that I've found on previous 21xxx version.
Indeed, issues that I've found on 21xxx were:
- wifi stability: sometimes when throughput was high, my laptop lost the wifi.
- SSH server issue (only in 21061)
- igmprt service was sometimes stopped without reason
Now with 23919 version, wifi stability is fixed. SSH server is working well, and igmprt is working.
These small issues are:
- wifi are not stated at power-on => I've write in the startup script "wl -i eth1 up && wl -i eth2 up"
- KAID is not working. I've the following error "kaid: can't resolve symbol 'dlopen'"

Anyway I've tried to configure the router as a N600 system (it was sell to me as a N300 router) and before telling there is a bug, I'm not sure how to configure the router to operate as a N600 router.
I've set on both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz) the same SSID, WPA2+AES, same passwd, 40MHz bandwidth, Mixed.
What I see is that only 2.4GHz band is working, nothing on 5Ghz. What is wrong ? Does the router definitely a N300 model even if both radio bands work simultaneously ?
What I want is my phone (that is not a dual band wifi, but support either 2.4 or 5 GHz at a time) to start a transfer at 5GHz, and switch automatically to 2.4GHz if the rate is too low at 5Ghz without stopping the transfer. If a set different SSID, the transfer is stopped during the switch. I also want to improve the 2.4GHz band with 40MHz bandwidth (neighbours are far enough for that).

So I've started to look for my own openWRT configuration, but for now it doesn't bring me enough new functionalities (no KAID, neither N600 on 40MHz with default wifi module).
wag3719
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anyone using OpenVPN client in DD-WRT on a F7D8301?
What DD-WRT build are you using?
I'm trying to setup a VPN to a provider using OpenVPN, but I'm not having any luck with 21676 big. If you have OpenVPN client working on 21676 are there any hints, tricks, or advice you can share? Or, would I be better off trying to use Kong's r22000+ instead?
Thanks in advance.
Fuli10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
I have a F7D4301v1 (the one with gigabits ports).
Till a long time, I'm trying to update the router into a K3.x release. It has never worked except once Rolling Eyes
When it works, I was on k2.6 build, have done some vlan change and update without erasing the nvram.
Now, I'm not able to reproduce this configuration and I really don't know why...

Today, I've set a serial on the router, and now I understand why it doesn't work: no vlan appear after the boot !
So I've tried many nvram setting (for example this one)
Code:

nvram set vlan0ports="1 2 3 4 5*"
nvram set vlan1ports="1 2 3 4 8*"
nvram set vlan2ports="0 8"

nvram set port0vlans=2
nvram set port1vlans=1
nvram set port2vlans=1
nvram set port3vlans=1
nvram set port4vlans=1
nvram set port5vlans="1 2 16"

nvram set vlan0hwname=et0
nvram set vlan1hwname=et0
nvram set vlan2hwname=et0

Nothing seems to work Rolling Eyes
Why ?
And how can I configure manually ports and vlan ?

edit:
OK, it seems that the default NVRAM configuration are totally wrong for this board. Indeed, only wifi is working and so after I've set manually ports on correct vlans (vlan 1 = LAN, vlan 2 = WAN) everything is fine.
alokk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had belkin F7D7302 with tomato working. Due to slow speeds had to reset the router using the button behind the router.

On restarting I simply couldn't connect to the router.
1) I plugged in the router to my computer
2) changed my laptop ip address to 192.168.2.X range and performed a 30-30-30 reset on router.
3) I am not able to connect to the router using 192.168.2.1 ip address.
4) Performed steps 2 and 3 with Ip address 192.168.1.X too - but same result, not working

I feel my router is bricked. Experts please help, I feel this is out of my knowledge area now. Embarassed
realdreams
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
So what build can I use for F7D8301/F7D4301?
speakxj7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fuli10 wrote:
Hello,
I have a F7D4301v1 (the one with gigabits ports).
Till a long time, I'm trying to update the router into a K3.x release. It has never worked except once Rolling Eyes
When it works, I was on k2.6 build, have done some vlan change and update without erasing the nvram.
Now, I'm not able to reproduce this configuration and I really don't know why...

Today, I've set a serial on the router, and now I understand why it doesn't work: no vlan appear after the boot !
So I've tried many nvram setting (for example this one)
Code:

nvram set vlan0ports="1 2 3 4 5*"
nvram set vlan1ports="1 2 3 4 8*"
nvram set vlan2ports="0 8"

nvram set port0vlans=2
nvram set port1vlans=1
nvram set port2vlans=1
nvram set port3vlans=1
nvram set port4vlans=1
nvram set port5vlans="1 2 16"

nvram set vlan0hwname=et0
nvram set vlan1hwname=et0
nvram set vlan2hwname=et0

Nothing seems to work Rolling Eyes
Why ?
And how can I configure manually ports and vlan ?

edit:
OK, it seems that the default NVRAM configuration are totally wrong for this board. Indeed, only wifi is working and so after I've set manually ports on correct vlans (vlan 1 = LAN, vlan 2 = WAN) everything is fine.

fuli, can you share the vlan setup that you got working in some detail? did you do it though the GUI, or strictly via commands?

aside:

on the latest build 2.6 kernel: wired works, and 5ghz works, but 2.4ghz doesn't seem to work out of the box.

on the same build for 3.x kernel: 5ghz & 2.4ghz work, but the wired is kaput. i also note that i think some mac addresses got hosed, could be a factor (though they still seemed to be mapped correctly to the 'new' values).

i tried a few different vlan setups, but never got the lan part of the switch setup right. (didn't bother to test the wan VLAN without it)

my preference is to be on 3.x kernel, so i didn't bother trying to chase down the 2.4ghz issue on the 2.6 kernel build (2.4ghz is super crowded here too, fwiw)

for reference 'latest' is the builds from early feb 2016, and i am working with a play max.

example:
02-09-2016-r29059
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 24 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: