Trouble Pulling IP Number From WAN (Spectrum)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ge0rgi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:12    Post subject: Trouble Pulling IP Number From WAN (Spectrum) Reply with quote
Hello,

After some challenges, I finally flashed my R8000 router and have it up and running.

This is where the troubles start. I cannot open with a browser 192.168.1.1 if connected through a hardline. However, I can connect to the router using my phone browser through wifi. On the “setup” tab I have selected DHCP for so the router can acquire an IP from Spectrum. However, the router is not pulling any WAN configuration information from the provider and I’ve done numerous resets.

Any suggestions on what I need to do from here to get the router to pull an IP number from Spectrum?

Thank you.
Sponsor
flyzipper
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I suspect you've connected another device to your ISP's modem and it registered the MAC address of that device (maybe a PC/MAC was connected for testing).

You can either look for a way to erase that registration (via your ISP's website, chat, or phone call to their support line), or you can take the MAC address that's been registered and clone it on your router.

Setup > Mac Address Clone

MAC Clone:
Some ISPs will require you to register your MAC address. If you do not wish to re-register your MAC address, you can have the router clone the MAC address that is registered with your ISP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: