Unable to do factory reset on WTR54GS v2.0 router!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
terry.odom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 16:53    Post subject: Unable to do factory reset on WTR54GS v2.0 router! Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,
I'm unable to pull up the UI in a browser on 192.168.16.1. for my router. I'm also unable to do a factory reset on this router. I held the reset button while powered on for 30 seconds, disconnected the power while still holding in the button for 30 seconds and powered it on while still holding the reset button for 30 seconds and then released, but noting happened. No change in the light blinking pattern to indicate a hard reset, nothing! Not sure what to do at this point and looking for some help. Thanks!
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you reset your router.. It's IP is 192.168.1.1, not 192.168.16.1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
The side of this model has 192.168.16.1 written on the side of the device along with user name <leave blank> and admin for the password. It worked for me fine at one point and let me access the UI but for some reason I can't access it now. That factory reset procedure is not working at all. Tried the IP you suggested and still get nothing.
nhanquy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 18:10    Post subject: Re: Unable to do factory reset on WTR54GS v2.0 router! Reply with quote
terry.odom wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I'm unable to pull up the UI in a browser on 192.168.16.1. for my router. I'm also unable to do a factory reset on this router. I held the reset button while powered on for 30 seconds, disconnected the power while still holding in the button for 30 seconds and powered it on while still holding the reset button for 30 seconds and then released, but noting happened. No change in the light blinking pattern to indicate a hard reset, nothing! Not sure what to do at this point and looking for some help. Thanks!

Did you download anything to the router before this?

Try to open a terminal and ping 192.168.x.1 (ethernet i/f with 192.168.x.10 as the IP, x is 1 or 16.)

If you have ping response then it should be OK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: