DIR-412

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
sats4eva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 21:56    Post subject: DIR-412 Reply with quote
Hi there,
I went online and downloaded the firmware for this router. However I tried to flash this with multiple browsers using the GUI and it said upload failed, invalid image. I then tried the tftp method and still nothing. Has anybody had any success with this? I emailed support and havent heard anything back yet.

S
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
do
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:03    Post subject: Re: DIR-412 Reply with quote
Already did that. I didnt download a random firmware. It was listed under the device model number. Its been 3 days and no return email from support. Good jobs guys!
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:08    Post subject: Re: DIR-412 Reply with quote
sats4eva wrote:
Already did that. I didnt download a random firmware. It was listed under the device model number. Its been 3 days and no return email from support. Good jobs guys!

You should claim your money back if support doesn't reply to your emails Wink

/sarcastic mode off

This is the dd-wrt forum where users voluntarily help each other with problems in the free dd-wrt version and this is the only place where you can any kind of hlp with your problems.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:40    Post subject: RE: DIR-412 Reply with quote
Ha. Let me get right on that (y). Heard its a great software just wish I can test it out. I appreciate the team for their hard efforts but its listed as a supported device and the firmware just isnt working. So if anybody can help it would be appreciated.
sats4eva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 16:35    Post subject: RE: DIR-412 Reply with quote
ALso if I installed dd-wrt for this router using the build suggested (which is the one for the dir300) can i still use 3G functionally?
sats4eva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:55    Post subject: re: dir-412 Reply with quote
anybody
sats4eva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 13:20    Post subject: RE Reply with quote
bump
grido
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I opened another thread as I wasn'T sure this one was still alive.

I'm investigating the route of using a JTAG but after opening up the box, the pinout is not fairly straight forward. I'd have to find the TCK/TDI/TDO/TMS on the board before.

if someone can pint me out where I should hook, I'll order one of those jtag from ebay and try it out.
kings
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 15:24    Post subject: DD-WRT flashed! Reply with quote
oh guys, I found what way works!

1. remove power from the DIR-412, then find something to poke the reset hole.

2. keep pressing the reset inside that hole and give power to the router, keep pressing until the power light turn yellow and start flashing.

3. connect a lan cable between your pc and router, you need to manually set your pc to 192.168.0.2

4. access 192.168.0.1, and you will see an "emergency firmware flashing" page

5. select the dlink-dir300-factory-webflash.bin and click something like "upgrade"

6. wait till it finish and you will be able to access the new dd-wrt at 192.168.1.1, also remember to change your pc to 192.168.1.x

but I cannot get the "WAN" port to work as WAN right now, it sort of stuck to lan... WAN interface never get an ip address. I did not try any USB HSPA modem though.

enjoy!

kings
kocoman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone else tried Kings method?
CMPXCHG8B
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kings method works fine but 3G/USB port does not work because DIR-412 is using the same firmware of DIR-300 Rev B which does not includes USB kernel drivers (tested builds 14896, 15962 and others).
roy.anonymous
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I am just thinking if it is possible to customize the ddwrt installation. For example, remove some of it's component so that leaving out space for installing usb support, and could then mount a SD memory card or something, and install 3G support to it.

1. Add support by installing JFFS using ipkg http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Ipkg
2. Install usb modem support.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Cellular_Phone/USB_Modem_as_WAN_connection

And btw, dude, that picture is big ;D

----------------------
Fashion & accessories
http://www.mymodern-shop.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: