Where to download DD-WRT?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
psychopomp1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:22    Post subject: Where to download DD-WRT? Reply with quote
Hi
Sorry for asking such a dumb question but when I go to 'router database' here

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

and search for 'Netgear R7000' or 'Linksys WRT1900AC' (2 popular routers) it brings up nothing. Searching for 'Netgear' or 'Linksys' just brings up very old pre-historic routers. Sorry I'm still very new to DD-WRT and trying to find my way around.
Cheers
Psycho
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Here ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

Thanks Malachi, works a treat. My next question: why is the EA8500 build not stored in the above location & is instead stored here:
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/
jsebean
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Note the latest BS Builds for the WRT1900AC are a bit buggy. I'm running Kong's build atm and it runs flawlessly (link in my sig).
OEM Satellite internet -- I'll likely get back to DD-WRT again when I get better internet
superkronz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Malachi, works a treat. My next question: why is the EA8500 build not stored in the above location & is instead stored here:
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/

Bump. I am interested in this too Smile
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe Kong hasn't committed it yet. All I know is that he has a unit and he usually personally tries the builds he releases.
I haven't flashed mine yet, too many people always online. Lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, so I'm ready to give this a shot on mine.

30/30/30
upload 'EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img' via linksys FW UI
wait 10 min Smile
30/30/30

Then I'm good to go?

Grateful in advance for any assistance.

-SK
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd skip the 30/30/30. Just use the reset to factory default.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, last questions before I flash and likely never post on the internet again Very Happy

Anyway to control which of the two partitions I am flashing? Can I tell which one contains which firmware? How may I select which partition will boot?
Saleen94sr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:56    Post subject: EA8500 Install Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I'd skip the 30/30/30. Just use the reset to factory default.

Sorry but I have been looking for install guide high and low, which 30/30/30 to skip? If you could just post the steps as I have not been able to find them. I had seen where it is same as the 1900ac but I can't find an install guide for that either.

Also does anyone know if the 5GHz radio is working? I'd like to still utilize this.
superkronz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I couldnt locate 1900ac guide either so I just went ahead and did the flash. Although it reported operation successful, after restarting, it boots to linksys FW still. Telnet no go.

192.168.1.1/sysinfo.cgi available, but god knows what I'm looking for Smile And no way to make edits without being able to connect to telnet anyway. I will keep googling and post back if I get it going.

Would love to hear from anyone who got it working Very Happy

I'm thinking of hitting the revert to previous FW option from within linksys gui (presuming it would copy ddwrt from the 'other' partition) but I was hoping for a little guidance first.
Saleen94sr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:38    Post subject: EA8500 Install Reply with quote
I found this earlier, I was thinking all EA series would be the same. I just can't do trial and error on my router as it's the only one I have and getting the 100 ft cable out is a pain.

http://haeberling.blogspot.nl/2014/11/installing-dd-wrt-on-linksys-ea2700.html

Any feedback?
superkronz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Saleen94sr

Nice. Removing the 'smart' linksys software then performing the ddwrt flash might be the ticket. Im poking around to see if I can find a build for our ea8500s.

I was not connected to the internet when I did my first attempt at flashing... I wouldnt think it would matter, but Ill try again with connectivity to see if it makes a difference. A quick look didnt turn up FW for ea8500 without the smart crap... hopefully I just didnt see it. Please let me know if you come across a link.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
ea8500 will have working 5ghz, the qca99x0 radios are supported by ath10k, & it has 2 of them, 1 for 5ghz 1 for 2.4ghz.

ea8500 isnt on the public ftp yet cause kong hasnt given brainslayer the go ahead for it. afaik only kong has a ea8500, brainslayer doesnt & that site is kong's personal site for builds compiled & uploaded by him at his disclosure. the last thing kong said about ea8500 was "its almost ready for public consumption", & his latest performance numbers out of it he said optimization for something about it wasnt turned on yet, im guessing thats one of the last things he wants to do before fully committing all his work to the ddwrt timeline & telling brainslayer to add it to his compile list

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

superkronz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you tatsuya46, The voice of reason has spoken. I will wait for the official release before getting all 'help me brick my router'ey Laughing

@Saleen94sr
In my poking around, no classic software for 8500 - looks like they made that just for the models they sprung their cloud crap on, which didn't have it initially when the customer purchased it.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: