V24 Development

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:02    Post subject: V24 Development Reply with quote
The V24 Multiple VAP Development has now officially started. i reworked many sourcecodes yesterday to be ready for a new driver integration and to be ready for the mimo supporting drivers. its booting now and i think i will release the first beta binaries in the next days or weeks. so far i get the encryption stuff working its time for the first beta, thats my schedule
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you, BrainSlayer!

Is this mean that there will be no more V23 release?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
there will be still v23 releases in our folders. but the main development will be done on v24. but both versions are sharing many codes. so any enhancement will have a influece to the v23 builds too

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
great news! Can't wait to test multiple ssid's Smile
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
then test it

i tested wpa/wpa2 psk on different mssid's so far. but as a note
do just switch on ssid broadcast on one of these interfaces and turn them off on all others. so you can prevent serious troubles with client devices since broadcom wont support multiple bssid's

dd-wrt.v24_voip_generic.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24_voip_generic.bin
 Filesize:  3.41 MB
 Downloaded:  5773 Time(s)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the micro version going to have multiple SSID's too?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
sure. but currently the micro is to big and i dont know if the memory consumption of the new drivers will fit into that box

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

today i finished the first really good working version of v24 which supports multiple ssid's with different encryption methods on each interface. it still has teststate, but you may want to test it. please do not mix it in v23 based wds networks. it will result in a bad performance. i'm using new drivers which are showing problems in wds mode if you connect a device with a older driver. within a v24 only wds network, everything works well. in future (not so far) it will be possible too, to define separate subnets and routings on these networks which will be a big benefit too.

Thanks BS, great news Smile
Phreak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does that work with v24 only now? Or is it just v24 and v23 that won't work together? Could I use different settings for my WDS link to a Fritz!Box and for my AP?
How about different Channels?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
it work together. but also if the signal is good, the connection will crouch at 1 - 2 mbit/s instead of 54.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can I use multiple SSID with broadcasting each one?

sorry about my english...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes. but the bssid will be always the same. so your scanner might jump with the ssid's on the same line

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 18:59    Post subject: Problem with v.24 Reply with quote
To Bs
I have some trouble with DD-WRT v.24
I have 2 laptop centrino based (ipw2200 b/g) and many other Wireless
PCMCIA and Wrt54G v.3.1 with firmware v.24 of 03/07/2006. My problem is that the ipw2200 cannot connect on the AP & Virtual AP of Wrt54G but other wireless card can connect.
So I send this mail to notify you. Can you solve this problem?
Thanks
PS: When I use windows XP SP2 with last original driver ipw2200 cannot
connect but when I use linux with native driver, it works fine!
I try other driver version in windows but the problem still not solved!
cdi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:09    Post subject: driver atheros Reply with quote
the version v24 supports to driver atheros ?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
no Aro i cannot solve the various centrino related problems. the reason is the intel driver

@cdi:
just the rb500 version supports atheros. also if i could integrate a atheros driver into the broadcom based product line it makes no sense

Navigation

Jump to: