V24 Development

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
madmaxmugie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure if you wanted bugs to be posted here, if not then sorry, but the save button in basic wireless setting doesn't work. I'm using DD-WRT v24 Beta (07/22/06) std, just wanted to try out multiple ssids for home pcs and nintendo ds.
Sponsor
HWS
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmaxmugie wrote:
Not sure if you wanted bugs to be posted here, if not then sorry, but the save button in basic wireless setting doesn't work. I'm using DD-WRT v24 Beta (07/22/06) std, just wanted to try out multiple ssids for home pcs and nintendo ds.
Did you see the Button "Bugtracker" above ? Post your Bug there, (new registration required) Wink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oops, I'm an idiot...I'll remember that next time.
I just downgraded to DD-WRT v24 Beta (07/20/06) std andeverythings working great Smile
BS you trully are a king of kings.
stalonge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Brain Slayer , can i upgrade my Buffalo whr hp g54 for v24 , i been working v23 with no problems . I have to wait more ?

1 R7800 54420 AP Wireguard webserver JFFS SAMBA FTP usb HD Mesh
1 R7800 54420 Cli Mesh
1 WZR1750 54389 AP Webserver Samba Wireguard
1 TP link Archer C7v5 54420 Cli Mesh
1 DD x86_64 48296 Gateway Samba Ftp Webserver
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can upgrade it. but as you know this version is not finished. it will run. but maybe you're not happy at all with it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
As titled, 2006-0801 "dd-wrt.v24_generic.bin" bricked WRT-54GL v1.0
Tried twice, both failed, had to open the box, and short pin 15-16 to revive it.

Here's the steps that I took.
1. Flashed it into 0801 "mini" version, boot up fine.
2. Use the web interface and flashed it with standard.
3. After rebooting, power led went flashing
4. Ping 192.168.1.1 end up "request time out"
5. End up to open the box shortcut pin 15-16 to revive it.

2006-0730 version worked fine.

I think we shall post our experience with v2.4 here, so that new comers could have an overview of the current status of v2.4, although it is still under very Alpha.

BrainSlayer wrote:
no Aro i cannot solve the various centrino related problems. the reason is the intel driver

@cdi:
just the rb500 version supports atheros. also if i could integrate a atheros driver into the broadcom based product line it makes no sense
Energie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just cant 2ssid to work with chillispot.
jyzhang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reflashed WRT-54GL v1.0 with 08-11 dd-wrt.v24_generic.bin through web interface.

FON chillispot works in this version now.
Run eMule for a night, no crash yet.
fearphage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 0:54    Post subject: Updated Changelog.txt Reply with quote
Any chance we can keep the changelog up to date in this version? Its nice to see what was added between version and bugs that were fixed so you know if you should/need to update especially during the alpha/beta stages. Just curious.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it has to do with a malformed header... I updated the bug at

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/bugtracker/view.php?id=1590

I also included a couple of links that talk about the vulnerability that was patched up with the "latest" Intel WiFi Drivers...

The fact that it works in Linux supports my theory that it relates to this patch. And if I'm right, it means more Windows WiFi drivers will stop working with that Broadcom driver...

BrainSlayer wrote:
just with the windows driver. linux runs fine
mankyd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 23:46    Post subject: Can We Set Different Restrictions on Different SSIDs? Reply with quote
Haven't looked into v24 too much yet, but from what I've read it will solve a major headache of mine. I have a pretty basic question. I have a device that doesn't support WPA so I would like to broadcast an unencrypted signal for it to connect to. Will I be able to set different MAC address filters for the two signals? I would like this to be the only address allowed to connect to the unencrypted connection.

Also, an aside, if I upgrade to firmware, do I have to reset to the default settings (v23 SP1 upgrading to v24)?
FiNaLBeTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps something to change on v24. When I set up the router for the first time. It gets DNS servers from my ISP. The router can DNS fine. But the default DHCP setup for clients doesn't get those DNS servers. So the clients can't resolve addresses untill I manually edit the DNS servers on the router in "Network Address Server Settings (DHCP)".

Also on v24 the "Optional Settings (required by some ISPs)" don't get filled in by default.
Striker
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 21:40    Post subject: Re: Can We Set Different Restrictions on Different SSIDs? Reply with quote
mankyd wrote:
Haven't looked into v24 too much yet, but from what I've read it will solve a major headache of mine. I have a pretty basic question. I have a device that doesn't support WPA so I would like to broadcast an unencrypted signal for it to connect to. Will I be able to set different MAC address filters for the two signals? I would like this to be the only address allowed to connect to the unencrypted connection.

You are better off setting up a WEP encryption for it then leaving it unencrypted with a MAC filter. MAC filters are pretty much useless when used by themselves. If you used it in conjunction with WPA then it helps, but otherwise.... useless.
mankyd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right, this occured to me, as MAC can be spoofed. WEP, however, can be cracked and I don't have a WPA option. I am considering using WEP but I don't want it to be the only line of defense.

Anyways, my question still stands: can I do individual wireless MAC filters for each ssid?

Thanks!
brahmafear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:33    Post subject: v24 timeline ? Reply with quote
Is there a timeline for a non-beta version of v24?

Also, I have a question about a possible configuration:

I'd like to have my AP broadcast multiple SSIDs, each connected to a separate VLAN. All wireless VLANs are connected to a VLAN-trunked, wired port. Access to each wireless VLAN is controlled by a RAIDUS server which determines to which VLAN each wireless client connects.

Basically, I'm trying to duplicate the functionality of some more expensive access points such as the HP ProCurve 420.

Is this (or will this be) possible using v24 of dd-wrt?

Thanks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41, 42, 43  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 43
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: