V24 Development

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
xupa_mix wrote:
Hi again,

Did everything (hard reset before and after, admin reset) and nothing. It just doesn't connect via wireless although my computer detects it. I also found something strange on the Wireless MAC Filter tab, everything says "error", instead of saying Wireless MAC Filter: Enable Disable, it says error: error error. And everything else the same, even the tab says error!?!?

Any ideas? Thank you.
Cleon

odd, I would try rc5 and see if that works, if it does then move up to rc7 mini and see if that works, also when flashing make sure you check reset defaults option, in order to rule that out.

Tom
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had posted earlier about an issue with going from rc5 to rc7 and loosing WDS links. Now that I have had time to look into the issue, I can better explain what I am seeing. Maybe this will help some one else.

When I flash from rc5 to rc7, seems to work great except for my WDS devices. After flashing they show on the main page a link with signal quality but I cannot ping them. I have since noticed that when I look at the WDS web interface on the device I flashed that has since dropped, that all the WDS tables are blank. If I re-enter the WDS table information, the device comes back online and no other issues encountered. I have noticed that the rc6/6.2 devices I flashed up to rc7 did not have this behavior and acted normally.

That said, this isn’t a problem now that I am aware, with carful planning I can still deploy remotely. Just FYI for any of you WDS users out there.

P.S. Keep up the great work Dev. team.
eblade
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
erm.. i just upgraded from v24 rc 2 i think to rc 7 .. i don't see any changelogs, though .. any links?
Fest3er
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
xupa_mix wrote:
Hi again,

Did everything (hard reset before and after, admin reset) and nothing. It just doesn't connect via wireless although my computer detects it. I also found something strange on the Wireless MAC Filter tab, everything says "error", instead of saying Wireless MAC Filter: Enable Disable, it says error: error error. And everything else the same, even the tab says error!?!?

Any ideas? Thank you.
Cleon

I haven't seen the 'error' error you saw, but my ver.1 WRT was just the same: it was shouting its SSID 'til it was blue in the face (oh, wait, that's Linksys' purple....) but it remained deaf as a doornail.

Then I found a reference to the VINTage builds for the older units. Flashed it and, once again, there is joy here.

Telnet to the box and type the command
Code:
nvram show | grep corerev
. If the rev. is 9 or less, you may need the VINTage build for wireless to work properly. I haven't searched everywhere yet to find a definitive answer as to exactly which corerevs need the VINTage firmware and which need the newer firmware. For now, if the radio doesn't work as expected, try the VINTage versions.

N
mcmadpete
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
duewydo wrote:
After flashing they show on the main page a link with signal quality but I cannot ping them.

Please try to disable WMM in the Wireless Advanced settings. This solved the problem in my case.
Spc.
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
Just tested the newest dd-wrt final MEGA on a WRT54GS v 1.1 (8MB Flash, 32MB RAM).

Multiple SSIDs do not work only the primary one is visible (Latest version that had visible all 4 Virtual SSIDs was RC-5 .. after RC-5 no version worked fine for multiple SSIDs on WRT54GS v1.1).

Smile
linkfor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
the scanner.o kernel module gone in v24 Crying or Very sad
jshall755
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 23:31    Post subject: Re: RC7 Odd Networking Issues Reply with quote
xbmcfiend wrote:
Upgraded a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 from RC5 to RC7 a couple of nights ago and began experiencing some strange networking issues:

1) None of my wired computers could ping (or any other type of network access) any of my wireless computers. Wireless computers could ping each other and wired computers without any problems.

2) Wired computers physically connected to the same GigE switch as the wireless router began experiencing general networking issues such as: sporadic inability to ping other wired computers; resulting in either timeouts or "destination unreachable" errors.

I had a hard time believing that number 2 above could be caused by the wireless router, but the upgrade to RC7 was the only thing that I'd changed on my network so I disconnected power to the wireless router and all of the networking problems my wired computers were suffering disappeared.

All of the settings in the GUI looked good to me after the upgrade (with exception to my TX power setting being changed from 10mW to a new default value of 70mW). Unfortunately, I could not do any troubleshooting beyond this cursory look at the settings because the impact to my network was so severe. I downgraded back to RC5 and restored my NVRAM and the problems went away.

Hopefully someone can isolate what may have caused this odd behavior by RC7.

Thanks.

I had a similar experience with my Linksys WRT54GL. I just had general network instability: pages wouldn't load and sometimes subsequent attempts. I started some ping tests to the internet and they eventually entered a state where they just stopped working. I then logged into the router and found the uptime was one minute... so the router had just spontaneously rebooted. I just went back to RC5.
Tobiasz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I desperately need increase IP Filter Maximum Ports from 4096 to more... I've read that versions of dd-wrt always had a limit of 4096. So there is any way to increase it?

My stuff:
Router Model Asus WL-500g Premium V2
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24 (05/24/0 Cool mega - build 9526)
warlove3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
erm....DD-WRT v23 to v24 preSP2 (Build13064) does not have connect on demand or keep alive in PPPoE page anymore? cant seem to find it, only the force reconnect (which is killing ppp daemon and reconnect it), hope site admin reply this quickly as i'm having serious time to time disconnection issues

WRT54GL v1.1 here...
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Peacock thread note 3

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
warlove3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dark_Shadow wrote:
Peacock thread note 3

are you referring to my post? sorry kinda new here..
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
warlove3 wrote:
Dark_Shadow wrote:
Peacock thread note 3

yes

warlove3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dark_Shadow wrote:
warlove3 wrote:
Dark_Shadow wrote:
Peacock thread note 3

yes

oh sry found it =D thks
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
warlove3 wrote:
Dark_Shadow wrote:
warlove3 wrote:
Dark_Shadow wrote:
Peacock thread note 3

yes

oh sry found it =D thks
Click on the link in my sig for Peacock Thread-FAQ and read note 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 42 of 43
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: