GURU's Netgear wndr 3400 update - test build page 7

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
IAmWEC wrote:
Flashed successfully, I just want to point out what I'm finding issues with:

-Wireless speed on 2.4 GHz is consistently around >1mbps - 5mbps (That's transfer from wireless computer to wired computer, was full speed on Netgear firmware)
-Whenever I try to enable the 5 GHz radio the router crashes (have to turn off then back on)
-Due to the slow speed, the webgui is painfully slow

Other than that it seems to be working well! Very Happy

Edit: The speed issue seems to have been fixed when I reset the router to defaults. Still can't enable the 5 GHz radio though.
Edit 2: The problem appears to be with apply.cgi as whenever I try to do anything that requires it (enable security, for instance) the router either crashes or just gives me a white page.

Yes, reset to defaults is a must. Clear your browser cache!!!
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
dadget wrote:
bettertomorrow wrote:
I flashed this via the Netgear interface and everything seems to work perfectly.

Maybe it has something to do with me using the Cablevision provided version?

Netgear routers provided by ISP's or free routers from companies like SamKnows are not supported, only those you buy over the counter and own yourself.
tankgunk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been waiting for this for a while, flashed it as soon as I could, and as far as I can tell it's working perfectly. Figured when I bought it that I could wait a year or so for third party firmware; I kinda underestimated the lameness of the Netgear software...woo DD-WRT ^_^ A huge thank you and a big plate of imaginary cookies to everyone involved!
Eko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
dadget wrote:
bettertomorrow wrote:
I flashed this via the Netgear interface and everything seems to work perfectly.

Maybe it has something to do with me using the Cablevision provided version?

Netgear routers provided by ISP's or free routers from companies like SamKnows are not supported, only those you buy over the counter and own yourself.

Usually just the image header must be adjusted.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
LOM wrote:

Usually just the image header must be adjusted.

Yes I know but the dd-wrt builds does only support original ambit id's and is most likely the reason for why dadget couldn't load your build on his ISP provided WNDR3400.
Eko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
so all I need is this new id....
bindir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Downloaded the "test" image to my macbook, unzipped, opened chrome, uploaded firmware, 3 minutes later had dd-wrt on my wndr3400 everything appears to be working perfectly from what I can tell.

I'm not doing anything real fancy with it, just some portforwarding, dyndns. The main reason I wanted a 3rd party firmware was for bandwidth monitoring and that's working great.

Thanks!
nisseberra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed and running fine. Excellent work!

Two problems: Changing the output power stops one of the channels. I cannot find the USB drive (perhaps not generally supported on this device. I haven't checked that)
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
nisseberra wrote:
Installed and running fine. Excellent work!

I cannot find the USB drive (perhaps not generally supported on this device. I haven't checked that)

The test build is a mini build without USB support, wait for next public dd-wrt release for bigger builds supporting USB.
radster360
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 19:15    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote
Thanks! I have been waiting for this port. I am new at this, so I want to be very careful installing this test build. I have couple of questions and please pardon my ignorance

1. Where can I find a layman version of installation step?
2. Can I go back to my original setting if I run into issues?

Thanks again! I can't wait to try it on. I don't have USB device hooked up so I am not so much concerned for that functionality right, but will do so soon.

Finally, has anyone added media server capabilities using DD-WRT for their router?

Thanks
stride
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 19:59    Post subject: Router only recognizes IP cameras MAC Reply with quote
After trying to assign static IPs to Logitech IP cameras the router only recognizes the cameras' MAC address, which therefore locked me out. I have tried both wired and wireless. I cannot get in because it will not give me the router's IP address. It will not give me the 192.168 network address. How do I reset the router?

I have pressed the reset for 60 secs.
I have pressed the big blue button (didn't think it would work but thought to try) for 60 secs.
Held both for 60 secs.
Held just power for 60 secs.
Pressed power and reset together for 60 secs.

I have no idea what to do now.
IAmWEC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 21:45    Post subject: Re: Router only recognizes IP cameras MAC Reply with quote
stride wrote:
After trying to assign static IPs to Logitech IP cameras the router only recognizes the cameras' MAC address, which therefore locked me out. I have tried both wired and wireless. I cannot get in because it will not give me the router's IP address. It will not give me the 192.168 network address. How do I reset the router?

I have pressed the reset for 60 secs.
I have pressed the big blue button (didn't think it would work but thought to try) for 60 secs.
Held both for 60 secs.
Held just power for 60 secs.
Pressed power and reset together for 60 secs.

I have no idea what to do now.

Try the 30x30x30 reset method. Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, turn off the router while still holding the button for 30 seconds, then turn the router back on for while still holding the reset button for another 30 seconds. You should have held the reset button for at least 90 seconds by now! Razz

Also, I'm still having my speed issue on the 2.4 GHz band where it won't go over about 200 kbps right now. Everything else is working now though!
stride
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did 30x30x30 and still nothing. The reset does not work at all press the reset and nothing happens with the led's. Led's should all light up once pressing reset but it don't.
Th3KiNG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
i can't see anywhere on my router saying v1 or v2... so how do i found out
IAmWEC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Th3KiNG wrote:
i can't see anywhere on my router saying v1 or v2... so how do i found out

If it doesn't explicitly say it is v2, then you have a v1.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 24
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: