GURU's Netgear wndr 3400 update - test build page 7

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't see it mentioned, has anyone noticed that the 5g LED does not flash on activity? I am running

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/08/11) std-usb-nas
(SVN revision 17990M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko)

WNDR3400-non-cablevision

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
Sponsor
path0s
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there anything available for Version 2 of this router yet? Thanks.
SilverSix311
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:44    Post subject: Packet Errors Reply with quote
So i have been trying out so many different builds for my WNDR3400 (N600) router and have been getting horrible packet errors... On RX on wl0 and TX on wl1. Does anyone know what would cause this?
((( atom )))
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all GREAT THANKS for the builds! Tried 17990 mega and love it! What a great router this is now!

I have one rather big issue, though: Installing optware doesn't really work, since I caught the bug where automount mounts 2 partitions on top of another under /opt. Can anyone tell me, if there is another of Eko's builds, that does not have this issue? I understand that not all recent builds have that problem, but I want to prevent some frustrating trial and error.
consigcody
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
how can i erase the ddwrt firmware and put stock back on?
nisseberra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
((( atom ))) wrote:
First of all GREAT THANKS for the builds! Tried 17990 mega and love it! What a great router this is now!

I have one rather big issue, though: Installing optware doesn't really work, since I caught the bug where automount mounts 2 partitions on top of another under /opt. Can anyone tell me, if there is another of Eko's builds, that does not have this issue? I understand that not all recent builds have that problem, but I want to prevent some frustrating trial and error.

Running the same buid as you but had no problems installing optware and mounting partitions. I just followed the instructions carefully. Only "problem" is that it cannot mount ext3. I had to use ext2 which is fine for me.
Rainz3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for putting this out! I was able to get the 17990 mega build to install flawlessly and once configured my 2 desktops have a 300mbs connection and 2 laptops are at a solid 150. I was barely able to hold 130 with the stock firmware!

I do have 2 issues however. When I transfer from any of my computers to or from 1 of my desktops I can watch the linkspeed plumit from 300 down to 40 with transfer rates barely above 1Mb/s where on stock firmware I could get up to 6Mb/s steady. Same with streaming movies from my home theater server. I can no longer stream HD content due to constantly buffering. Any advice on this?
ldmelo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 13:42    Post subject: tx power? Reply with quote
Is anybody experiencing shorter wifi range with dd-wrt?

I have a v1 and mega 17990 installed. DD-WRT is great and I now have some nice features I didn't have before.

But... When I place the notebook on the very same table I use to work every day, I get a very weak signal, while with stock firmware it was pretty decent.

Also, using my galaxy S (captivate) with android gingerbread (cm7) things get even worse. In a line of sight situation, 5 meters from the router, I get a signal quality of about 30%.

Already played with tx power, from 71 to 84 and even 250mW, but I didn't notice any difference.
Alex Finlay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got this running, but i can't get my USB to run?

--- /dev/discs/disc0/disc
Block device, size 1.819 TiB (2000398934016 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 1.581 TiB (1738252289024 bytes, 3395024002 sectors from 63)
Type 0x07 (HPFS/NTFS)
Windows NTLDR boot loader
NTFS file system
Volume size 1.581 TiB (1738252288512 bytes, 3395024001 sectors)
Partition 2: 244.1 GiB (262144000000 bytes, 512000000 sectors from 3395024896)
Type 0x0B (Win95 FAT32)
Windows NTLDR boot loader
FAT32 file system (hints score 5 of 5)
Volume size 244.1 GiB (262111952896 bytes, 3999511 clusters of 64 KiB)
nisseberra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:07    Post subject: Re: tx power? Reply with quote
ldmelo wrote:

I have a v1 and mega 17990 installed. DD-WRT is great and I now have some nice features I didn't have before.

But... When I place the notebook on the very same table I use to work every day, I get a very weak signal, while with stock firmware it was pretty decent.

Also, using my galaxy S (captivate) with android gingerbread (cm7) things get even worse. In a line of sight situation, 5 meters from the router, I get a signal quality of about 30%.

Already played with tx power, from 71 to 84 and even 250mW, but I didn't notice any difference.

I never had this problem and have run several different routers with dd-wrt. Did you do a 30-30-30 reset?
ldmelo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 17:52    Post subject: Re: tx power? Reply with quote
nisseberra wrote:
ldmelo wrote:

I never had this problem and have run several different routers with dd-wrt. Did you do a 30-30-30 reset?

Yes, I did. I am keeping DDWRT because it is really fantastic and I am using the SSH server and other features.

I got the notebook reception working ok after moving the router to a closer place, but the phone thing is really wierd. I get one single dot on android meter (the little meter on the status bar) in a place where I used to get almost the full scale. And it happens with both captivates (mine and my wife's).

Is there any issue regarding samsung android phones and DDWRT? I alread tried 3 different modems on the captivate with no luck. I also played with channel bandwidth and the channel itself on ddwrt.

Via command line I saw that the power only really goes up until 84mw. Reading a few posts I tried to lower the tx power, also with no luck. In a final attempt to get it fixed, I tried to activate the afterburner via command line, and the modem stopped working, don´t know why... had to do a 30-30-30 once again...

I must say that I was running stock firm. ver 1.0.0.50. Don't know if it matters.

EDIT: It was not fair to blame it on DDWRT. I cleared everything on the phones and upgraded them to ICS (cm9), something I was willing to do for some time. Signal got better, altough overall I still have the feeling that it is a little weaker than with stock firmware.

MOD: Since I happen to have two 9dbi antennas here, I will buy two UFL-SMA cables and try the mod on the link bellow. Anyone tried?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7dBi-Antenna-Mod-Kit-Netgear-N600-WNDR3400-Dual-Band-Router-no-soldering-/350505342238

Last edited by ldmelo on Sat Feb 11, 2012 15:54; edited 3 times in total
Trunks118
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anybody tried getting WDS working between two of these routers? I have two of these routers with 17990 on them. One has mini and one has mega. I can get the WDS link working, but it seems to disconnect after only a few minutes, which requires a reboot of the devices.

The odd part is that both routers will still show a signal for the other router instead of showing 0%. I have tried WPA2 + AES encryption as well as no encryption and still having the disconnect issues. I have also tried using the same SSID while using WPA2 as well as trying both different and same SSIDs when using no encryption with the same disconnect issues.

Anybody have any ideas?
TbirdMan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wasn't sure if this was the place to post this, But I have a bricked WNDR3400 (bad firmware update), and the provided firmware recovery does not work. Is there any way to recover it through JTAG or the serial input? If it is too bothersome I will can it as I hav already replaced it, but I would hate to trash a recoverable router.
ERamseth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Trunks118 wrote:
Has anybody tried getting WDS working between two of these routers? I have two of these routers with 17990 on them. One has mini and one has mega. I can get the WDS link working, but it seems to disconnect after only a few minutes, which requires a reboot of the devices.

The odd part is that both routers will still show a signal for the other router instead of showing 0%. I have tried WPA2 + AES encryption as well as no encryption and still having the disconnect issues. I have also tried using the same SSID while using WPA2 as well as trying both different and same SSIDs when using no encryption with the same disconnect issues.

Anybody have any ideas?

I'll check when I get home, but I have had 2 of these units running as a wireless bridge on the 5ghz band and it has been very stable and robust. I think I have them running via WDS (but it might be by client bridge... that's what I'll have to check when I get home)

In the meantime, I am sure they are both on the 17990, both are using WPA2 AES, both are only operating on the 5ghz band.

I would suggest a 30-30-30 to start just to be sure there isn't some residual stuff left over.

I'll come back and update with what my full setup is... I basically bought 2 of these expressly to use as a 5ghz wireless-n bridge and they have been working flawlessly in that respect.
ERamseth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 15:28    Post subject: Re: Packet Errors Reply with quote
SilverSix311 wrote:
So i have been trying out so many different builds for my WNDR3400 (N600) router and have been getting horrible packet errors... On RX on wl0 and TX on wl1. Does anyone know what would cause this?

On 17990 I don't get massive amounts of packet errors. I have 2 routers as a bridge on the 5ghz band running stable for months.

Try a 30-30-30 just to be sure?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 24
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: