Cisco Valet M10 (ver1) test firmware

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
davidnewton
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone using M10 has issue as in this post? Thanks in advance.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=169344
Sponsor
patracy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got a M10 router that's still running the stock cisco firmware. I've recently been working on some bandwith issues and have determined that it's due to the link between the cable modem and the M10. Will loading dd-wrt allow for 100mb full duplex on the WAN port?
TrueLogicalDude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
patracy wrote:
I've got a M10 router that's still running the stock cisco firmware. I've recently been working on some bandwith issues and have determined that it's due to the link between the cable modem and the M10. Will loading dd-wrt allow for 100mb full duplex on the WAN port?

If the duplex mismatch is caused by the ISP's modem, there's no guarantee that changing the firmware on the router side will address the issue. You can certainly try it and see, dd-wrt will definitely give you more settings to play with at least.

One another way that may fix the duplex mismatch is to put a switch in between the modem and the router.
pas210
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:15    Post subject: bricked m10 Reply with quote
I bricked a M10 v1 originally working with DDWRT with a Shibby Tomato firmware made for Linksys WRT160N v3

tried all situation expect jtag .. winch could cost more than the router cost..
anyone knows the pin to short (last resort) before this become paper-weight.

Thanks
sirchris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 18:25    Post subject: Wireless channel? Reply with quote
Digging this up from the grave to hopefully solve an issue I've been seeing. I have a Cisco M10 v1 acting as the primary AP/router with another router acting as a bridge. Originally I was running dd-wrt.v24-20675_NEWD-2_K2.6_voip_small.bin with limited issues on the M10. However, while setting up the bridge I noticed I couldn't set a Wireless Channel. No matter which one I picked, it would set back to Auto when I clicked Save. I was able to setup the bridge but anytime the power goes out or the M10 needs to be reset, I have to log into the bridge router to repoint the host network since the channel almost always changes.

I changed the dd-wrt version on the M10 to EKO build 18946 (ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn18946/dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_m10.bin ) over the weekend hoping that would resolve the issue but am still seeing the same result with the wireless channel. Any ideas? Otherwise I may switch back to the stock firmware to avoid the hassles with the bridge.

Related question in case I can't solve this - is there a dd-wrt to stock file floating around for the M10 v1 or can someone provide a link to the correct method of doing this?

Thanks!
Malitiacurt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe most wireless client bridge/repeater bridge/wps setups from dd-wrt behave like this. Best solution is a setup a keep-alive script that reboots if it fails to ping the main router after a few tries.
sirchris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malitiacurt wrote:
I believe most wireless client bridge/repeater bridge/wps setups from dd-wrt behave like this. Best solution is a setup a keep-alive script that reboots if it fails to ping the main router after a few tries.

Ok thanks. I hadn't installed dd-wrt on the bridge router yet since the stock (tp-link) firmware was working fine (besides this). If the router is dd-wrt capable I'll try that out next.
sheetsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 19:15    Post subject: Newer Firmware Reply with quote
I just installed DD-WRT on my M10. Here is my installation:

Router Model
Cisco Valet M10 v1
Firmware Version
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) mini - build 21061
Kernel Version
Linux 2.6.24.111 #14312 Mon Mar 25 02:04:27 CET 2013 mips

Is there a more current version of the firmware that will work on this router?
momentumv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are many newer releases; obviously we the forum users can't change the router database listed builds, but if you look at the ftp downloads you can pick regular updates:

http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/12-22-2014-r25697/broadcom_K26/

(you'll have to browse the directory to get to new builds)

direct link to latest: http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/12-22-2014-r25697/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-25697_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_m10.bin

Also, make sure you read the Peacock Thread. Sure, it's practically a book, but how else are you gonna know what you're doing? It does a good job of pointing out that newer is not necessarily better or safe.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
sheetsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 21:13    Post subject: Newer Firmware Reply with quote
Thanks for the link. I plan to give this one a try. I know newer isn't always better, but I find certain functionality missing from the version I installed.
momentumv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 23:18    Post subject: Re: Wireless channel? Reply with quote
sirchris wrote:

Related question in case I can't solve this - is there a dd-wrt to stock file floating around for the M10 v1 or can someone provide a link to the correct method of doing this?

Thanks!

The posts you (were) looking for is here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=742949

and here:
by revrenc
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=715233

not sure why the link isn't working, but it's the last few posts on page 7
/better late than never?
RyoOfWildfire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 23:38    Post subject: Hoping people may still read this... Reply with quote
Greetings! I recently updated an old Cisco Valet M10 to the OpenVPN release listed here:

http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/12-22-2014-r25697/broadcom_K26/

I use Private Internet Access and they have a guide for setting up a WRT router for use with their service. Link ---->

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/dd-wrt-openvpn

In it it says I should be able to simply click an option to allow for username and password to authenticate to the VPN however in this build there simply doesn't seem to be an option for authentication.

Am I missing something or is there another way to do this? I'd like to protect my entire network as opposed to having to simply turn on the VPN individually for each device connected but without username and password it will never connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
W-R2D2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 22:57    Post subject: Question regarding repeater problems Reply with quote
Hey, I see this thread is really old and I just got my account back but I wanted to know if the repeater problems are still around for any of the builds?
smanis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 14:53    Post subject: Works for me! Reply with quote
Linux kernel changes broke support for my old Intel Atom D2550 firewall/gateway PC, so I dug through my old stuff and found I had a Cisco/Valet M10 version 1 router still in the box (it was $20 at Walmart from a pile of clearance items years ago).

The router database recommended firmware dd-3wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_m10.bin, so I read the Peacock thread, learned about 30-30-30 resets, and installed this firmware to my router. End result: the router has been running just fine for the last month and I swear that browsing on my primary PC was instantly faster after switching to DD-WRT. I'm impressed that such old hardware is running so well and now has such awesome features.

Hats off to BrainSlayer and the many fine people that help support DD-WRT and this site!
W-R2D2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:11    Post subject: I'm impressed that such old hardware is running so well Reply with quote
Holy cow it IS still viewed! What mode (AP, Bridge, Bridge Repeater etc) did you set your router to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: