Linksys E1000 now supported (V.1 ONLY!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 5772

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 17:24    Post subject: Linksys E1000 now supported (V.1 ONLY!) Reply with quote
Hi,
Linksys E1000 is now fully supported. For flashing use attached build.

MOD EDIT: ONLY V.1 of the E1000 is supported by this build. For V.2 support see this link:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=105008

Thx to barryware for purchasing this router and testing the builds. Also thx to LOM for his kind advices.



Graphic1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.86 KB
 Viewed:  111463 Time(s)

Graphic1.JPG



dd-wrt.v24-15279_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24-15279_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000.bin
 Filesize:  3.3 MB
 Downloaded:  22712 Time(s)


_________________
Professional debrick service for EU countries for small fee.
Send inquiries to: debrick at dd-wrt dot si

Have a brick you don't need?

Paypal & Amazon.com gift cards are welcome. Every $ or € counts. Email: donate at dd-wrt dot si
Sponsor
evox2008
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Eko, LOM and Barry!!
Too bad I already sold mine before playing with dd-wrt on it Sad
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 2430
Location: Third Rock from the Sun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 23:28    Post subject: Re: Linksys E1000 now supported Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
Hi,
Linksys E1000 is now fully supported. For flashing use attached build.

Thx to barryware for purchasing this router and testing the builds. Also thx to LOM for his kind advices.
An special instructions for flashing? or the standard 30-30-30 flash through GUI?

EDIT: Since the hardware is the same as the wrt160n v3 I took the liberty of modifying the wtr160n v3 flashing and reversion instruction if anybody would like to verify and copy them to the dd-wrt wiki.

http://infodepot.wikia.com/wiki/Linksys_E1000_v1.0

_________________
Peacock Thread-FAQ -- Firmware Recommendations -- dd-wrt Wiki

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
Duck_Dodgers
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:30    Post subject: Re: Linksys E1000 now supported Reply with quote
Thanks, Eko, for all of your work on this.

Any idea if this build will work for the E1000 v2.0 hardware (BCM5357-based)? If not, is it simply a matter of someone buying one of the v2.0 devices and extracting a little information from it, or is adding support for the new chip going to require significantly more than that?
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 5772

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:43    Post subject: Re: Linksys E1000 now supported Reply with quote
Duck_Dodgers wrote:
Thanks, Eko, for all of your work on this.

Any idea if this build will work for the E1000 v2.0 hardware (BCM5357-based)? If not, is it simply a matter of someone buying one of the v2.0 devices and extracting a little information from it, or is adding support for the new chip going to require significantly more than that?

I'm afraid it will need at least new wireless drivers from Broadcom we don't have (yet). And maybe new kernel support for this chip too.

_________________
Professional debrick service for EU countries for small fee.
Send inquiries to: debrick at dd-wrt dot si

Have a brick you don't need?

Paypal & Amazon.com gift cards are welcome. Every $ or € counts. Email: donate at dd-wrt dot si
Zelda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello. Can I flash std_nokaid_small k2.6 on this router?
j0ckinjz
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
sooo, since the wrt160nv3 and the e1000 have the exact same hardware... would it be easy to convert my 160nv3 to an e1000?

also, does anyone have the e1000 cfe? It's not in the collection database.
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 5772

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
You will not gain anything by converting 160nv3 to e1000 - same nvram size...
_________________
Professional debrick service for EU countries for small fee.
Send inquiries to: debrick at dd-wrt dot si

Have a brick you don't need?

Paypal & Amazon.com gift cards are welcome. Every $ or € counts. Email: donate at dd-wrt dot si
j0ckinjz
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
You will not gain anything by converting 160nv3 to e1000 - same nvram size...

I was hoping it would add stability, bc it currently sucks, so I had to get an e2000.
Zelda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone answer my question about putting std_nokaid-small on here? I have downloaded and tried to flash dd-wrt.v24-13527_NEWD2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin and it fails and now I get lights and everything on the router but its unaccessible. I may have to tftp the original ddwrt.v24-15334_NEWD2_K2.6_mini_e1000.bin back on there.

So in a way I may have answered my own question.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 12833
Location: Behind The Reset Button

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Can anyone answer my question about putting std_nokaid-small on here? I have downloaded and tried to flash dd-wrt.v24-13527_NEWD2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin and it fails and now I get lights and everything on the router but its unaccessible. I may have to tftp the original ddwrt.v24-15334_NEWD2_K2.6_mini_e1000.bin back on there.

So in a way I may have answered my own question.


15279 was the 1st build for the e1000. any builds earlier than that (13527) will not have the code for the e1000.

_________________
[Moderator Deleted] Shocked
Zelda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Barry. I will try another one.
scotcha1
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 16:27    Post subject: hey Reply with quote
I have a Linksys e1000 with Firmware 2.0.0.1

One of the previous posters mentioned hardware v2 of the e1000 being unable to use the firmware posted above.

Was this poster referring to Firmware 2 or Hardware 2? Assuming they are the same...?

If not - that'd be great! as i'd love to be able to flash ddwrt on my e1000 firmware 2.0
barryware
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 12833
Location: Behind The Reset Button

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 20:01    Post subject: Re: hey Reply with quote
scotcha1 wrote:
I have a Linksys e1000 with Firmware 2.0.0.1

One of the previous posters mentioned hardware v2 of the e1000 being unable to use the firmware posted above.

Was this poster referring to Firmware 2 or Hardware 2? Assuming they are the same...?

If not - that'd be great! as i'd love to be able to flash ddwrt on my e1000 firmware 2.0


if there is no version on the sticker after the model, it is a V1 (ex. E1000). If it has a version like V2, (ex. E1000 V2) then it is a V2 and is not supported just yet.

Hardware versions and firmware versions are different

_________________
[Moderator Deleted] Shocked
RoharNinja
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you flash other builds to the e1000, like Mini Hotspot?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum