Dir-825 : Super slow browsing, flashing fails, 400 bad req.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
MrJake
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 13:40    Post subject: Dir-825 : Super slow browsing, flashing fails, 400 bad req. Reply with quote
Hello all,

I've been having some problems with my router, so I've turned to you guys for some assistance.

It has been in perfect working order up until today, until I noticed some really slow speeds on websites and such. So, I jumped into the Web GUI, and was met with something I've never seen before.

Firstly, the GUI is slow. Seriously, slow. First thing I tried to do was reboot via the router, and I was met with a 400 - bad Request page, pink bg. Pulled the cable instead, and waited for the reboot to complete.

Same problem, at this point I took an NVRAM dump and reset to default via the router. After this had completed, and rebooted, the change password gui on screen looked malformed and strange, there was no text - simply the boxes and styling.

I rebooted again, that fixed it.

Immediately noticed the same damn problem, super slow speed within the GUI, same as I was experiencing with websites.

Attempted to reupload my original nvram, and it said I didn't fill out the values correctly. OK?

I then just thought "f**k it, lets reflash". Tried to reflash and it was stuck in uploading 1%, and then just directed me to the connection interrupted page. Tried three subsequent times, same issue.

Rebooted, tried again - same issue.

Rebooted into emergency room, same issue.

Telnet into the router, use the wget and write commands to write the image - success! It's actually working... reboot.

Now this is where I am at, still super slow. I am thinking that maybe the router is on its way out, which is crazy considering I've had it for about two months.

If anyone has any advice, please do share with me.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Start with all the relevant or required sections of the peacock announcement, including note 7.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: