WNDR3700: Restore Factory Firmware in Five Easy Steps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
crash987
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
i can seem to upload the file to the router, but when i point the browser to the modem it comes back saying the page was not found. am i meant to put the file on the router x amount of times for it to stay on it
Sponsor
deepbass909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reverting is failing with my router, but I can't find why...

It starts in recovery-mode (flashing green power-led), I can connect using a tftp client (status is giving all the right signals) But when I try to sent the original firmware, all I get is a message "Aborting", nothing more...

I'm using a Linux desktop for this, running atftp and connected the router directly to my pc (just one STP-kabel in between) using port 1 of the router.

Someone, please help... Rolling Eyes
deepbass909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Problem solved, although I´m not shure about what went wrong...
I´ve used an old laptop running Windows ME and using a tftp-client I was able to upload the stock firmware.

My router is now running on the stock Netgear firmware and working just fine Cool

One thing really hit me, all my old settings were still there, including the passwords, wlan SSID´s, etc. Confused The nvram was swiped multiple times when I ran dd-wrt, so where did the original firmware get them from?
oshkosh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't get this to work at all, I really want stock firmware as wireless doesn't work on the dd-wrt.

I followed the steps to a T. When I turn off the router and reboot it holding down reset, it starts flashing green after a few seconds. Holding it 45 or 60 seconds it keeps flashing green.

I can then easily upload the image with tftp on Windows 7. It copies right away says it took 4 seconds or so.

The router keeps flashing green for another minute or two, then the power light goes solid orange, and after a few seconds the router seems to reboot. It then comes back up with dd-wrt with no change at all, back to my 10.0.0.1 IP and everything. Tried it 3 times won't work. My firmware file from Netgear is called WNDR3700-FACTORY_NA.img which is different from the example here, would that matter?
D_a_r_k_o
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
To oshkosh

It is matter! Unless you renamed stock firmware to WNDR3700-FACTORY_NA.img. That would be an dd-wrt firmware. I hardly believe you did that. Download stock fw named WNDR3700-V1.0.7.98NA.img or WNDR3700-V1.0.4.68NA.img from http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/11640 and do tftp work again.

Regards, Darko
suepafly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whew, thanks for this! Worked on my semi bricked v2, flashed back to v1.0.0.8
Uncensored
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 19:28    Post subject: Re: WNDR3700: Restore Factory Firmware in Five Easy Steps Reply with quote
I have a question regarding step 5 and/or possibly a step 6. The computer is still set to a static IP. In this case xx.xx.xx.2 in this case. I would think I need to change this TCIP property back to dynamic?

Jaxxit wrote:

Step 5: The Waiting Game

This would be the perfect time to go grab a drink or hit the washroom. You need to be patient. Do not turn off, restart, unplug cables or otherwise interact with your router. It may take a little while; this is normal! Watch the power LED light on the front of the router. It should remain orange throughout the process. Once it is complete, it will turn green. At this point you may proceed to point your browser to "192.168.1.1" and continue to setup your router.

Good luck!
D_a_r_k_o
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
If router works properly, you can click Obtain an IP address automatically, and then click OK. Enabled Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol prevents two computers from accidentally being configured with the same IP address.
yoctobunny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I seem to be having the same trouble a few other people were having. I get the router into recovery mode, and tftp the stock firmware just fine (WNDR3700-V1.0.7.98NA.img). But the flashing green light only pauses while the actual file is being uploaded (a matter of seconds) and then simply continues to flash green, I even left it in that state overnight to see if it would work, but it didn't.

I'm using DD-WRT build 16785.
jweldon49
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:53    Post subject: am i crazy? Reply with quote
I am trying to restore this WNDR3700 to factory firmware, but can't get this thing to stop flashing green. I follow the instructions and it appears to accept the tftp upload, but never reboots.

Can some look over these steps and try it again? Apparently there is a missing step somewhere.

I need to get the factory firmware back on this thing as DD-WRT firmware was atrocious compared to it. Sucks to i really wanted to use the VPN and SIP ability, but need the WIFI to work reliably.
ilikeearlymornings
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 21:35    Post subject: Same problem... And a solution... Reply with quote
I have a WNDR3700v2 bought in the UK this week. Quite like DD-WRT, but decided to go back to the stock firmware. I followed the instructions above, but just got the continuous flashing green problem described by others.

However, using the recovery CD supplied with the unit did work where just tftp failed and now I'm good to go. Hope this is of use to others.
MrJile
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also had a problem to return factory firmware. The problem was the same green flashing. Tried to restore from cd and it said that there was a timeout and probably router was ok. Smile And it didn't stop green flashing.

BUT! I did it. Smile The problem was that I had WNDR3700v2 and link in the instructions as I understood was for v1.

Here is link for WNDR3700v2. If you have green flashing problem try use this file with tftp.

PS: Difference between original instruction is Power LED light is off, once it comletes it will be green.

Hope this can help someone.
hmmmz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your my fucken HERO!!!!

ManoMan, been freaking trying for 2 days now to get ddwrt off my 3700 untill i found your post, i been trying 4 different ways, for 50 times, now it worked first try haha !!

The world needs more people like you.

Thanks.
Booster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like I semi-bricked my WNDR3700v2 and I am stuck on the flashing green power light over night.

Can anyone upload the TFTP folder from the WNDR3700v2 CD? Mine was a sample model from Netgear and they didn't send out a disk. The folder will be located in the bin folder x:\bin\TFTP\

MrJile wrote:

PS: Difference between original instruction is Power LED light is off, once it comletes it will be green.

Hope this can help someone.

What does this mean?
MrJile
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Booster wrote:

MrJile wrote:

What does this mean?

In original instruction is:
Quote:
Watch the power LED light on the front of the router. It should remain orange throughout the process.

In my case power LED was off like nothing happens. But in 1-2 minutes it turned green - it was complete
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: