WNDR3700: Restore Factory Firmware in Five Easy Steps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
regdawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Download it. It's pretty much self explanatory. Don't worry about the password field.

Thanks Malachi. Now I tried to install the firmware attached to bring it back to stock, however its still DDRT firmware. TFTP2 stated firmware install was successful.

Did I install the wrong firmware? Do I need to isntall the actual newest firmware from netgear?
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you sure you have a v2?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Are you sure you have a v2?

Yes, that is what it says on the bottom of the router.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which dd-wrt build do you have on there ? 24461?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Which dd-wrt build do you have on there ? 24461?

Actually... DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/07/14) - build 25279. I was hoping for the DDRT firmware to have the "repeater mode" function however, maybe it was this build that I installed, did not have that. Reason why I want to go back to the stock netgear firmware.

So with that:
1) Is there another build that I can install that has the "repeater mode" function?
2) If not, what did I do wrong in trying to get the stock firmware installed?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've never had trouble reverting any wndr3700, I don't know why you can't.
As to repeater read this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47708

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I've never had trouble reverting any wndr3700, I don't know why you can't.
As to repeater read this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47708

Thanks Malachi. I was actually able to load the stock firmware by just upgrading to the newest firmware from the netgear site. However the repeating function on this router is just too troublesome to try and figure out.

Might just look to getting an dedicated extender/repeater.
De8anon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 22:04    Post subject: Broadcom chipped wndr3700v3 Reply with quote
Hi all,
In case of anyone else still trying to revert to factory firmware on wndr3700v3. I could not get to recovery mode with reset button as other people on here, but there is a way.... Linux image needs to be deleted, which forces router to enter recovery mode it self on boot. To achieve telnet or ssh to your wndr3700v3 and run following: mtd erase linux

After command finished, reboot router by simply typing
reboot
After that tftp will work and you will be able to flash it with netgear firmware.
De8anon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
shaklee3 wrote:
Has anyone gotten this to work recently? I have a v3 and I tried the steps in the first post many times, and the power LED just stays solid orange, no matter how long I hold it. If I let go, the router isn't reachable at 192.168.1.1. If I do a normal power cycle at that point, it goes back to dd-wrt. I'm running build 25279 and since someone else said the mega and big builds don't fit in flash, I want to go back to stock for USB HDD support.

Hi all,
In case of anyone else still trying to revert to factory firmware on wndr3700v3. I could not get to recovery mode with reset button as other people on here, but there is a way.... Linux image needs to be deleted, which forces router to enter recovery mode it self on boot. To achieve telnet or ssh to your wndr3700v3 and run following:
mtd erase linux

reboot
tftp will now work and you will be able to flash it with
netgear firmware
Hope this helps
TheMC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
De8anon wrote:
Hi all,
In case of anyone else still trying to revert to factory firmware on wndr3700v3. I could not get to recovery mode with reset button as other people on here, but there is a way.... Linux image needs to be deleted, which forces router to enter recovery mode it self on boot. To achieve telnet or ssh to your wndr3700v3 and run following:
mtd erase linux

reboot
tftp will now work and you will be able to flash it with
netgear firmware
Hope this helps

Good to know, thanks !
alcaloide
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to thank the author of this thread for this insanelly helpful topic.

Really appreciated
invamped
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 21:42    Post subject: Bricked Netgear WNDR3700v2 no recovery mode Reply with quote
Hi,

I have just had a recent firmware update fail and now stuck with a constant red power light. I have powered off/on, factory reset etc but nothing changes. I have changed my ip address to a static one and tried to ping but get nothing. When I hold down the reset button and power off, then back on holding the reset for 10-30secs I get and alternating red power light and green WPS light. These alternate flashing. Is this recovery mode? I'm still unable to ping or TFTP etc to the router.

I've read a lot of forums etc and the only thing I haven't tried is leaving the router unplugged for a longer period of time, but I'm not confident this will have any effect.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? or is this just actually bricked?

thanks

Rob.
kada598
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:01    Post subject: restoring WNDR3700 Factory firmware Reply with quote
I am following the instruction I found on this forum and keep getting "tftp: don't know host 'i192.168.1.1'. How can I get past this? I am getting a response when pinging.
ambstuc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:32    Post subject: Re: restoring WNDR3700 Factory firmware Reply with quote
kada598 wrote:
I am following the instruction I found on this forum and keep getting "tftp: don't know host 'i192.168.1.1'. How can I get past this? I am getting a response when pinging.

After hours of trying to restore the Netgear Firmware to my WNDR3700V3, I was finally successful. I hope by sharing my experience I can save some of you all the grief.

I had the dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin installed, and tried to do the 30-30-30 reset to put the router in recovery, but it always failed, and worse, I could not ping the router anymore. Then I found a sidenote on one of the sites that the firmware has a "recovery" option, if you press the wireless button at the front whilst the router is booting at specific time. To be honest, I just pressed it every second whilst booting, and to my delight I could see the ping succeeding and could log into DDWRT again.

Then I found this: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=771453, and bravely erased the Linux partition on the router. After the reboot, the router obviously panicked in absence of a bootable partition and put itself straight into recovery, after which TFTP succeeded straight away. The only thing after that was the original firmware would not accept the default password and needed another reset (actually gives you the instructions - hold reset for at least 7 seconds).

All fine now, very happy. Let me know if this helps! I know it sounds a bit complex, but was actually straight forward in the end.
hanmey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 19:37    Post subject: Restoring WNDRv3 Reply with quote
Hello, I tried to restore the custom Firmware, but I don't found the Custom Firmware as .img file.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: