Good routers

Crisismp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 23:30    Post subject: Good routers Reply with quote
Hey guys, I'm looking to get a good new router that would allow me to connect outside of my home right now i have a belkin f5d8236-4. and where i have it in my house i can barely get a connection in my room for my ps3 or laptop is it worth me getting a new router and making this belkin an access point if so what router is great out there and im open for any ideas
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have any special reqs besides connecting outside of your home? Like a G router or N router? how much you want to spend?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Crisismp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
right now I only have one pc with a wireless n so it dosent matter to much since that one is close to my router as for price not crazy expensive
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could get a WRT320N pretty cheap if you buy refurbished units ( i have bought many refurbs that work just fine) around $65 which to me has fairly good range, i can connect to it from my backyard and its up on the 2nd story. If you wanted to go cheaper, you could go for an Asus RT-N12 for around $40, basic entry lvl N router.

If you do have the money to spend though, i would say go for a E3000 or RT-N16 or WNR3500L, those are kings to me right now. Smile

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Crisismp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks i'll be looking into those
Crisismp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey are the rt-n16 antennas upgrade able
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have read posts that they are, although on mine, i have not upgraded them, no real need for me to, the stock ones provide great range as is, so yes, AFAIK they are upgradable.

Crisismp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks i think thats the one im going for i just want to have the option to upgrade if i ever need 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: