need info: color of logo light @ linksys WRT54GL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
fonzman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 15:42    Post subject: need info: color of logo light @ linksys WRT54GL Reply with quote
Hi!

I recently installed DD-WRT V23 SP2 to my new linksys WRT54GL.
Now I found in Administration -> Services an option called "Use SES for turning off radio"
If enabled, the SES/Logo-Button on the router can be used to turn on/off wireless mode.

Actually it works fine, but there are some things not described in the help-page.

First, the button changes color with every press. from dull white -> yellow -> bright white -> off -> dull white again -> etc.
It seems, the wireless mode is only turned off, when the button is off also (then the wireless-led is off too). But what do the other colors do? Is there a change in the wireless-mode for each button-color? (like, first B-Mode only -> G-Mode only -> mixed mode)

The second thing is, if the button is off (and therefore wireless is off too) the power-led of the router starts blinking! The router works fine, and if I press the button again, it is lit dull white again and the power-led stops blinking .. It just bothers me, because I don't want to damage the router and usually blinking leds are some kind of error-warning!

Has anyone infos about these things?
Thx in advance!

Martin
Sponsor
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nothing, just colors. In new builds (v24...) SES button is yellow if router has IP address, and blink white when you press it to turn radio in/off.
fonzman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thx for the info!

I think the blinking power-led does not mean any harm anyway .. and perhaps I upgrade to v24 soon also ..

regards
Martin
alienchilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
is it possible to invert the colors ?=)

i like the white one more than the orange =)

thx for idead !=)
alienchilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
got it with my DD friends ))!

/sbin/gpio disable 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: