DD- WRT on TP-LINK TL-WR841N v7,1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 18:31    Post subject: Re: tl-wr841n wifi not working Reply with quote
GeekHC1337 wrote:
I flashed tl-wr841n using tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin 7.1 version my wifi stopped working, now i am not able to upgrade it to factory Firmware it shows UPGRADE FAIL.

please help!

Thanx

Go and read the stuff everybody writes around the forum, we may not repeat one and same things just because one will ask dumb questions without ever reading the sticky messages or their titles.

Clues
- to go back from DD-WRT to factory firmware you can only use a webrevert file but not the original one downloaded from tp-link.com. Go read the sticky messages
- to fix the wifi network you may just configure it properly on the wireless tab setting NG-Mixed, channel width 20mhz or 40mhz but not Dynamic mode
Sponsor
Tobor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 20:26    Post subject: Wireless clients lose network access after 1-2 days Reply with quote
Anyone with any ideas as to why would all wireless clients lose network access after 1-2 days of router uptime?

When I boot my WR841N v7, running DD-WRT r18777, all my wireless clients work great for about 1-2 days. After that, they still connect (I can also see them under Wireless Clients in DD-WRT GUI) but they do not get an IP address via DHCP nor do things work using fixed IP. LAN connections are fine and DHCP works ok. If I reboot the WR841N, things will again work for 1-2 days until...

In case it matters, running NG-mixed, CH 11 + lower, 40Mhz.
Tobor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:03    Post subject: Re: Wireless clients lose network access after 1-2 days Reply with quote
Tobor wrote:
Anyone with any ideas as to why would all wireless clients lose network access after 1-2 days of router uptime?

When I boot my WR841N v7, running DD-WRT r18777, all my wireless clients work great for about 1-2 days. After that, they still connect (I can also see them under Wireless Clients in DD-WRT GUI) but they do not get an IP address via DHCP nor do things work using fixed IP. LAN connections are fine and DHCP works ok. If I reboot the WR841N, things will again work for 1-2 days until...

Looks like that "1-2 days" was a red herring.

Done some testing and it looks like it's related to multicast / IGMP. If anyone starts to watch IPTV, wireless "dies" and will stay dead even after there is no more IPTV traffic.

Any ideas?
omiez
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone flashed the last Build?
phrunt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flash mine last night with the latest build, seems to work fine, I've had no problems and it ran stable ovenright

Router Name
phrunt

Router Model
TP-Link TL-WR841ND v3

Firmware Version
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/12/12) std - build 20119
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: