Port forwarding from one router to another ??

steve288
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 16:39    Post subject: Port forwarding from one router to another ?? Reply with quote
I want to access my internal router web face which is a dd-wrt from the one that is attached to my Cable/Modem

I have set up the first router (netgear wgt624, not dd-wrt cause it doesnt support it)
Start port 8082 end port 8082 the ip of the internal router.(192.168.1.3 internal wan port that the dd-wrt is on)

Then on the dd-wrt I have
Web access protocal set up http and https
then on remote access I have
Web Gui Management Enabled
Use HTTPS checked
Web gui port 8082
Allow Any remote IP

I cant see anything else that I need but when I come to the outside it does not work. It does not forward it.
Have I not configured something. Im new to dd-wrt.

Thanks.
Sponsor
steve288
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok and update.
I configured Remote desktop to forward from first router to second to my computer this works. I just wanted to see if there was something wrong with the first router and forwarding, but this works.

Now what I have done is turned on high logging of errors and I can see that its working perfectly well accept that under rule it says Dropped unlike the Remote desk top that says Accepted. There must be some rule that it stopping it. I will try to seach and find how to stop it from being dropped.
Does anyone have any ideas on this??

Thanks.
steve288
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok solved all my problems.

In playing around back and forth and getting things right I inadvertantly changed the port on the forwarding router to 8083 and the dd-wrt recieving port of the web interface to 8082.

Now it work. I was thinking I would have to do iptables etc but no. It just works out of the box.
Great.
Thanks for um ... listening?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: