WRT54G2 as switch behind Belkin router. No remote access.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mcnob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:22    Post subject: WRT54G2 as switch behind Belkin router. No remote access. Reply with quote
Setup is a Belkin basic wireless router connected to my cable modem and then out of that comes a WRT54G2 running the latest DD-WRT acting as a wired switch.

The WRT54G2 was set up as per the Wiki for a switch and the internet connection through it is all fine. Problem is, I can't access the web GUI for it from outside the network. I've got it set for port 80 which I've forwarded to the LAN IP for it but still no go. Can't even ping it remotely.

Anyone have any suggestions at all where I might have gone wrong?...........anything at all??? lol

As I say, the internet connections coming out of the switch are fine, it's just the connection from the outside world that's the problem.

Hope someone can assist, cheers.
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to make sure that the Belkin is port forwarding to the wrt54g2 and that the wrt54g2's gateway is configured to be the Belkin's LAN IP so that it has a default route out to the internet.
mcnob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, that's all set up mate. Port forwarded, gateway and DNS set as Primary router IP.

Am beginning to wonder if the Belkin might have a problem.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
First check that routing for the wrt54g2 is indeed working correctly by connecting to it via telnet/ssh and then trying to ping google from the router. If that works then try to connect to the Belkin's [WAN IP]:[port being forwarded] which may or may not work depending on if it has loopback enabled. If that works then your ISP is blocking it.
mcnob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll give all that a go to check, thanks but I've come across a new development.

The system works as long as I power-cycle the WRT54G2 and then the modem and primary (Belkin) router.

Not an ideal solution really as the whole point is that I don't have to be at home to connect.

Does this mean anything to anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: