Kismet Drone on MI424-WR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
AlarmTech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:45    Post subject: Kismet Drone on MI424-WR Reply with quote
Okay, so I've combed through the relevant forums and havnt been able to get answers so I reckon the next step is just to ask.

What do I need to do in order to get kismet_drone to run on this MI424-WR Rev.D?

MI424-WR Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std
Kismet Version: kismet-2011-03-R2

files are located on the router at:
/tmp/kismet_drone
/tmp/etc/kismet_drone.conf

Running the command "/tmp/kismet_drone" returns the following error:

root@DD-WRT:/tmp# /tmp/kismet_drone
/tmp/kismet_drone: line 1: syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting ")")

My process here is based off of the procedure I found here (link)

On the various forums I've seen a lot of people compiling their own versions of the firmware in order to run the kismet drone. Is this 100% necessary or can the functionality be added after the fact like I'm trying to do?

A hand-out would be really nice but all I really need is someone to get me pointed in the right direction.

Why the error?
Whats it mean?
Whats the best way to go about getting this to work?
Can the drone be compiled and copied to the MI424-WR or must it be built into the firmware?

Thank you for taking the time to read/respond.

-AT
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
wrt54 != mi424!
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, i know that oh so well. I had to start somewhere though and given the lack of any such tutorial for the MI424, I figured that would be a good place to do so.

Anyway, i figure the basic steps outlined in the WRT54 tutorial can translate over to the MI424, its just a matter of getting a copy of the kismet_drone executable thats been compiled for the Xscale.

So far that seems to be true however just having the executable isnt enough. Apparently kismet_drone has some additional packages that it needs in order to run. Thats where im stuck right now.

The firmware version (14896) thats on my MI424 seems to support ipkg and that would make this whole process much easier as there are several kismet_drone packages available for the Xscale. Problem there is that ipkg does not seem to be functional on this router/firmware combination, even with /jffs mapped to a SMB share.

If anyone has any hints, tips, tricks or advice that would help me with this, they'd sure be appreciated...

-AT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: