Linksys e4200 v1 chip programmer recovery?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 13:33    Post subject: Linksys e4200 v1 chip programmer recovery? Reply with quote
hi folks.i have a bricked e4200 v1.i tried serial recovery but i cant stop the cfe.since i dont have a parallel port i cant perform jtag but i do have a ch341 chip programmer.what is the process?do i have to desolder the winbond chip than flash it right?what do i have to flash on it?just the stock firmware?

thanks
Sponsor
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try using a USE serial, you can find all kinds of tutorials on line. Usually you should be able to recover without any of those, unless something got bonked in nvram or mtd partition or worse the you'll have more issues to deal with unless you know what you are doing if that is the worst case scenario then you'll need a nvram copy maybe someone that might have an exact make/model version to load and then install linksys oem firmware. dd-wrt has a wiki on recovery suggestion that can explain and show some examples. Good luck regards
alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
native_tx wrote:
Try using a USE serial, you can find all kinds of tutorials on line. Usually you should be able to recover without any of those, unless something got bonked in nvram or mtd partition or worse the you'll have more issues to deal with unless you know what you are doing if that is the worst case scenario then you'll need a nvram copy maybe someone that might have an exact make/model version to load and then install linksys oem firmware. dd-wrt has a wiki on recovery suggestion that can explain and show some examples. Good luck regards

what is an USE serial? as i said serial recovery wont work.what does the nvram copy contains?what do i have to write on the chip with the programmer?the firmware itself wont enough right?

thanks
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really apologize for that miss type USE correction "USB serial cable" but the programming part, I really don't know if and why your requesting that. Is your E4200 that bonked to needing reprogramming?
alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
native_tx wrote:
I really apologize for that miss type USE correction "USB serial cable" but the programming part, I really don't know if and why your requesting that. Is your E4200 that bonked to needing reprogramming?

yes i cant stop cfe in serial so the only way is jtag or direct chip programming.i had an e4200 before with the same issue and i had recovered it with jtag,but i dont have a computer with parallel port any more but i do have a chip programmer.only problem is i dont know what to write on it
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
alex0001 wrote:
native_tx wrote:

yes i cant stop cfe in serial so the only way is jtag or direct chip programming.i had an e4200 before with the same issue and i had recovered it with jtag,but i dont have a computer with parallel port any more but i do have a chip programmer.only problem is i dont know what to write on it

Have you found and took a look at this page here https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=693780
alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
native_tx wrote:
alex0001 wrote:
native_tx wrote:

Have you found and took a look at this page here https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=693780

yes but it is about jtag,and as i said i dont have a jtag adapter,i need info about the direct flash programming
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
alex0001 wrote:
native_tx wrote:
alex0001 wrote:
native_tx wrote:

yes but it is about jtag,and as i said i dont have a jtag adapter,i need info about the direct flash programming

I thought that is what you were looking for and you may have to look on line to find what your looking for since it may not be here. Programming is usually not needed and not supported here in these forums, maybe someone else that noticed your needs may be able to answer it, and maybe in some thread. Good luck alex0001
alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
does it enough to clear the chip with the programmer and write just the cfe on it than continue in serial?
or may i need a full flash dump?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: