Ooops! WRT160N v3 but flashed v1 by accident!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
rodin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:57    Post subject: Ooops! WRT160N v3 but flashed v1 by accident! Reply with quote
Hi all,
I made the n00b mistake by not reading fully, yeah yeah, I know, learn to read Very Happy Anyway, I have been successful in getting my router to ping reply at least one to three times every few tries, but it never stays. I was one time able to get to the Linksys Management Mode, and was able to ping for a full 30 seconds, but before I could get the file loaded into the field, the ping stopped responding. Anyone have any additional suggestions on how to get this router into Management Mode other than everything that I have read (this time, in depth! lol).. The power light goes all the way out after the router "Boots up", but the LAN light stays on for whatever port I'm plugged into. Any help would most certainly be appreciated! As noted in the title, the model is Linksys WRT160N v3. Thanks!
Sponsor
ReadtheAnnouncements!
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try tftp the proper firmware using the steps at note 11 of the peacock announcement.

YOU are why *I* am here.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54845
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043
(We'll wait....!) Wink
rodin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks!
The good news is I am able to get the firmware successfully updated each and every time. The bad news is even after doing that, and following the directions further, the power light still only flashes for a bit then goes off. Hrrmm... On a side note, I was able to access the web gui (management mode, though).
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
rodin wrote:
Thanks!
The good news is I am able to get the firmware successfully updated each and every time. The bad news is even after doing that, and following the directions further, the power light still only flashes for a bit then goes off. Hrrmm... On a side note, I was able to access the web gui (management mode, though).

I just worked on a V3 and in my haste, I plowed V1 firmware on it. Being as how I just bricked it again, I tried some of the suggestions I have seen posted.

Nothing would bring the router back except using the serial console to erase nvram and force the router to accept the correct firmware.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got some great news -- I was able to flash the linksys firmware back using recovery mode, by using Firefox instead of TFTP.. TFTP would upload it, and would be sucessful, but would never "process" it, even after waiting 5 minutes or so. Internet Explorer would crap out before the firmware finished uploading, so as a last ditch effort, decided to try Firefox.. I'm now using DD-WRT and have it bridged to my wireless Smile Thank's for all of the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: