DDNS - Slow IP Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
sao24006940
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 15:33    Post subject: DDNS - Slow IP Update Reply with quote
Hi guys, anyone can help me? I have in my buffalo router, the r14896 firmware version. Ok. I want to know why when i change ip with jdownloader, the free no-ip leave a few minutes to update the ip for access my note form work with ultravnc? Anyone know's how i turn this more faster? Some configuration in router or in no-ip?
Thank's.
Sponsor
Fena
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 22:38    Post subject: Re: DDNS - Slow IP Update Reply with quote
It's probably the DynDNS that causes the delay. Usually if you change the host IP from your dyndns account page, it takes a few minutes to update the settings. At the router end, it usually updates the host ip at dyndns as soon as a change in WAN IP is detected and it does it only once or unless you reboot the router / modem. You can set the router to update the host IP (least) every day. By the way it's not advisable to use a third party client(such as in built client in the router Fw) to forcibly change the host ip to often at dyddns or it would get blocked -
Reasons could be following -

Hosts can be blocked because:

* Your client updates on an interval (e.g. hourly)
* Your client is malfunctioning (i.e. flooding)
* You are running multiple clients

Hope it helps.
sao24006940 wrote:
Hi guys, anyone can help me? I have in my buffalo router, the r14896 firmware version. Ok. I want to know why when i change ip with jdownloader, the free no-ip leave a few minutes to update the ip for access my note form work with ultravnc? Anyone know's how i turn this more faster? Some configuration in router or in no-ip?
Thank's.

Navigation

Jump to: