dd-wrt - Bandwidth Usage Monitor

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
bpsmicro
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does 1.05 have the user/device sorting fix we talked about via PM a while back? As I look at my web page, I'm thinking not, so I thought I'd ask. Smile

Brad.

P.S. Since the code you changed in 1.05 is in the "suspect" area of my current issue, I upgraded to see if that's magically fixed too. You never know.
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
bpsmicro wrote:
What I'm doing right now is I set logging to max, and I'm watching the log to see if I can catch the moment things go awry. It's definitely not obvious because I can clearly see many, many times that this IP is being correctly extracted, then at some point it looks like the usageIn or dbUsageIn calculations are going awry.

I'm hoping I'll catch the problem at the moment it happens, so I can send that chunk of log to help narrow it down. Of course, after staring at it for two hours, it's not happening. <sigh>

The only thing that's "weird" about this particular IP is that it's on a VM that has automated programs running (ie. no user interaction), so has a near-constant trickle of data flow, but usually fairly small amounts.

With any luck I'll have something for you later today or by tomorrow morning.

Brad.

Brad - look in the log file for a message:
`*** Incorrect number of rules for <IP> in ACMON`

I'm guess that somehow your ACMON table is picking up a second entry for that IP address and then the weirdness gets started... the next question is why the second entry gets added and why doesn't the current flush call actually get rid of that entry???

You don't happen to have two instances of the script running do you? In theory, that should not be possible but I've managed to do that once or twice.

If there are two instances running, you'll see twice the expected number of updates in the log file (i.e., updates less than 10 seconds apart). To kill both instances, delete `/tmp/ac_mon.lock` and wait ~20 seconds... you'll see two shutting down messages in the log file. Once you see both of these, run the startup script again.

(I recently found a better way to prevent two instances of the script from running and will add that shortly)

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
bpsmicro wrote:
Does 1.05 have the user/device sorting fix we talked about via PM a while back? As I look at my web page, I'm thinking not, so I thought I'd ask. Smile

Brad.

P.S. Since the code you changed in 1.05 is in the "suspect" area of my current issue, I upgraded to see if that's magically fixed too. You never know.

Yes - the sorting functionality is included in 1.0.5... is it not working for you?
bpsmicro
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
It appears not, but I'll take a closer look and send you new screenshots once I make sure my recent tweaking didn't break it elsewhere.
bpsmicro
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, scratch that. I'd had the page up self-refreshing, but when I did an *actual* refresh, it all fell into line.

But I notice the "Monthly Totals" tab has what looks like a bit of a "legend" table or something peeking out from behind the chart on the right side. What's that?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
asfd64 wrote:
I was using the old bandwidth monitor in this thread for years and I have to say this new version is awesome!

I might have missed any discussions previously on these but these are a few things I noticed while setting it up:

1. The config file points to data being in /YAMon/data but the zip file has the data folder in /YAMon/Setup/data, took me a while to figure out why my old data wasn't showing up and kept getting an error about the user file not being found from the web page.
2. Modifying the last line in the startup script to "/mnt/YAMon/Setup/yamon.sh /mnt/YAMon/Setup/config.file" applied the config file since it wasn't in the default directory, made sure to change _baseDir to /mnt/YAMon.
3. Since I set my USB key up with optware I renamed the startup script to S96yamon and the shutdown script to K04yamon and put them in the /opt/etc/init.d folder with a chmod +x, it starts the script on bootup and shuts it down when it reboots.

I just set it up today so I will see how it goes, hopefully this info helps someone.

I did notice since I have over a years worth of data from the last version when I try and "Add another Interval" past 2013-01-01 it just keeps adding 2013-00-01 and then I can't delete those. Also the pie chart to the right seems too big and it cuts off some of the txt from the table.

Really awesome work Al, I'm really happy you took the time to improve on this script Smile

Thanks for the feedback.

With regards to #1 - I'll check/fix the zip file
With regards to #2 - You can pass the path for the config file as a parameter to the script
- e.g., sh yamon.sh <path2config>
If you do not include the parameter, the script assumes that the file is in the same directory as the script. I'll try to document this better (in the readme.txt)

As for your past data, I've found that I can reproduce the error here too so I'll be able to fix it shortly. Back to you ASAP.

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
bpsmicro wrote:
Hmm, scratch that. I'd had the page up self-refreshing, but when I did an *actual* refresh, it all fell into line.

But I notice the "Monthly Totals" tab has what looks like a bit of a "legend" table or something peeking out from behind the chart on the right side. What's that?

Yeah... I added the legend but the google chart is obstructing it (and apparently does not obey the css z-index property). I'll move the legend somewhere else.

Al
bpsmicro
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
The bad news, my corruption problem is still with the new build. The good news, I captured the moment in the log. I'll be PM'ing that to you shortly.
spanman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a suggestion al, maybe you can put the legend somewhere to the top by summary,settings,changes, etc.

New version 1.05 working as expected no more negative values on my TPLINK WDR3600

Canadian Geek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router:Buffalo WZR-300HP,Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/13) std

Well, now I have a new problem. The file "01-07-2013-mac_data.html" is not getting populated. It had up till the 17th but nothing after that. Hmmmm Can't figure out why not. It gets copied from the off line storage properly (I've got a 4Gb USB stick mounted to mnt).

Jeff

p.s. I just checked the date on the router and it thinks today is July 22nd (which it is) so it's getting the correct date and time from the NTP server.

Last edited by Canadian Geek on Mon Jul 22, 2013 18:12; edited 1 time in total
hello12345
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 18:06    Post subject: link to guide Reply with quote
hi al,

appreciate your hard work.

can you please point me to a guide on how to set it up?

i have already set up bw_monitor.sh but it does not update when i download and upload.

any help would be appreciated
spanman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
follow the instructions in the readme file from version 1.03. I guess al forgot to add this file in new versions
hello12345
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
any idea why bw_monitor.sh is not updating?
bpsmicro
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
bw_monitor.sh is the original script. It's a bit unclear from the forum thread, but this is an entirely new script, based on but separate from the old bw_monitor.

And the .sh file doesn't update, that's the actual script (program).
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
bpsmicro wrote:
bw_monitor.sh is the original script. It's a bit unclear from the forum thread, but this is an entirely new script, based on but separate from the old bw_monitor.

And the .sh file doesn't update, that's the actual script (program).

I'm think that after 40 pages, we might start a new thread... relating just to the new script.

Al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 40 of 42
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: