dd-wrt - Bandwidth Usage Monitor

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
asfd64
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was reading through the older posts in this thread and realized that I installed bc to fix the negative issue with the previous bandwidth monitor. Do you think having bc installed is causing my issues with 1.0.5?
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
asfd64 wrote:
I was reading through the older posts in this thread and realized that I installed bc to fix the negative issue with the previous bandwidth monitor. Do you think having bc installed is causing my issues with 1.0.5?

No - the current code does not call `bc` so whether or not it is installed is a moot point.

I'm really busy at my day job... I may have some time in the evenings (around kid's activities). I'll definitely get to this on the weekend.

Al
asfd64
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
No rush. I appreciate the help!
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:10    Post subject: YAMon version 1.0.6 Reply with quote
I've added a new hourly report to the Daily Usage tab - see screenshot below.
I've also fixed a couple of the issues brought up in recent messages (cross fingers but I hope the integer overflow issue is now resolved) and also the IP address issue.

So there are changes all over the place
yamon.sh - updated to create the new hourly reporting file and the fixes mentioned above... you will have to replace your current file with the one in the attached zip file
yamon.html & yamon.js & yamon.css - updated to add the new hourly chart and some other tweaks to the UI (i.e., I moved the `Changes Legend` so it's not getting cut off by the pie chart anymore)... you will have to replace your current files with those in the attached zip file

Last but not least,
config.file - updated to add paremeters for the hourly reporting... To enable this report, you will have to either replace your current file with the one in the attached zip file or, if you've made extensive updates in your config file, add the following lines to yours:
Code:
_doHourlyData=1 #whether or not to record hourly usage - values: 1-->Yes(*) || 0->No
_hourlyFileName="hourly_data.html" #only required if _doHourlyData == 1

If you're looking at the config.file, You'll see that I've also got a `_doLiveUpdates` parameter... that's just a placeholder at the moment, setting that value to 1 will not do anything [yet].

I've not gotten to adding history files from 2012 yet. I should be able to look into that on the weekend.

As always, let me know if you have any questions/concerns or find any bugs.

Al

yam.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.09 KB
 Viewed:  14603 Time(s)

yam.png

yamon 1.0.6.zip
 Description:
This time I remembered to include the readme.txt with basic installation instructions

Download
 Filename:  yamon 1.0.6.zip
 Filesize:  33.03 KB
 Downloaded:  689 Time(s)

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:13    Post subject: New thread for YAMon Reply with quote
FYI - I've started a new thread for YAMon... seehttp://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=174706&highlight=

I'll be posting all future updates to YAMon under that topic.

Al[/url]
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 16:01    Post subject: YAMon version 1.0.7B is now available Reply with quote
YAMon version 1.0.7B is now available

see http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=174706&start=30

Al
roady
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can I get to work this on my TPlink WR841N with DD-WRT installed?

What installation file should I use?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
roady wrote:
Can I get to work this on my TPlink WR841N with DD-WRT installed?

What installation file should I use?

Roady - sorry for not getting back to you sooner (this thread is not really active any more). Yes you should be able to run it on your router.

All of the conversation regarding my modifications to this script can be found at http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=174706.

The first message in the thread has a link to the current version of YAMon.

I hope this helps

Al
marat569
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice, ima check it out -- but can you help me with creating "MyPage" because it doesn't seem to work no matter what I do!

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=263420

Thanks!
FezJay
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I HAVE DECOMMISSIONED MY VERSION OF THE BANDWIDTH MONITOR

Please visit the following page for a better more complete bandwidth monitor (YAMon), which has been developed by al_c:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=259806&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

al_c has created a piece of software which is amazing and is far more feature rich than I even thought of.

What started out as a way to keep track of my boarders has been taken on by al_c and evolved into a BM monster Smile. So cool.

Thanks al_c for all of the hard work you have done mate.

It is time to close down this thread and my project and direct people to the bandwidth monitor light (al_c's YAMon BW implementation).

That link again is http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=259806&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 (YAMon)

64MB RAM

Optware (jffs/mnt) 4GB Flash Drive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 Display posts from previous:    Page 42 of 42
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: