Linksys E2000 BRICKED after change from tomato to ddwrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
tman904
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 0:38    Post subject: Linksys E2000 BRICKED after change from tomato to ddwrt Reply with quote
Hi.

I have been running tomato shibby 1.28 max build on this router with zero problems except for not being able to setup switch port vlans. I was going to try dd-wrt for my setup so I used the router database to flash the build

"dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2000.bin"

with tftp while connected to the the serial console. Using tftp2.exe on my computer with an ethernet cable connecting the two I issued the command "flash -ctheader : flash1.trx" after a few seconds the cfe returned success so I issued the go command.
it started booting dd-wrt. The boot failed saying please standby for reboot something close to that. I couldn't reboot it from the serial console so I pulled the power and plugged it back in. After which the serial console didn't show the cfe's output what so ever. I've checked my soldering of the serial header and it's fine plus it was working multiple times before this. My question is reguarding the fact that the bootloader may be completely overwrote. Is this possible? I thought that the boot loader was protected on the flash chip. Also I have soldered in pins for the jtag header but wasn't going to buy an adapter untill I got some advice.

Thanks for your time.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Start with note 6 of peacock. You should not have overwritten cfe with that command using serial. However going from tomato to ddwrt without going to stock could require Nvram to be cleared.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
tman904
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried to ping the router at 192.168.1.1 when I first plug it in but I get no response. I've used both freebsd 10.1 release set with a static ip of 192.168.1.10 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and also the same settings with kubuntu 14.04 with the same results. I even tried a different ethernet cable, and every lan port 1-4 with both cables. I've noticed that the LEDs corresponding to the lan ports do not light up. The only light on is the blinking power led.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
According to this from linksys: http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=24587 , blinking LED is not good. It is even worst when you can't get serial output from the router. Hence, there is very high chance that you have corrupted the bootloader as you said. JTAG method may be the last thing you can try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: