Netgear WNR2000V3 external port issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
yonu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 22:15    Post subject: Netgear WNR2000V3 external port issue Reply with quote
ok this is doing to sound stupid but I just flashed my WNR2000v3 to DDWRT. The only issue I am having is I am unable to use the WAN IP or domain name from inside the network to access anything. I know the ports are open and have checked it from an external connection any Ideas on what setting I may have missed would be great.

THanks,
Reg
Sponsor
yonu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
not trying to be a pain but can anyone shine some light on this issue?
tthayer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try plugging the device you want to ping from on the WAN port after adding the WAN port to the switch. I had similar issues (as have others in this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=689178#689178
yonu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for the long reply the problem is I can ping external ip and domain names from any device on the network but I am unable to access them via the web browsers on any device I have tried external DNS servers disabling DNSMASQ basically everything I can think of any ideas would be great as I would like to get this working properly so I don't have to go back to my wrt54.

Thanks,
Reg
yonu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will assume that there is no way to get loopback working on these routers?
yonu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not trying to be a pint but can anyone explain why I can ping the external ip or domain names and get proper responses but am unable to access them from the web-browser. I am not opposed to editing the iptables in the router if that is what it takes just don't know where to look

Thanks,
yonu
OmegaNemesis28
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
the WNR2000 v3 has so many issues with DDWRT. It won't even do repeater mode, even with just virtual access points. It kills the WiFi radio when enabled all together
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: