SIP, VOIP outbound proxy, Ser, Milkfish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
gregd72002
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:35    Post subject: SIP, VOIP outbound proxy, Ser, Milkfish Reply with quote
Hey,

I'm on Asus rt n-16. Using mega build. I also have a few SIP phones on my network but they do not work as they do not support STUN.

What's the workaround?

I came across this: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Siproxd
but it seems to be very vague and slightly outdated. AFAIK Ser is now Milkfish. Moreover, apparently Milkfish cannot be installed via ipkg-opt...

What are the other way? Is is possible to use Asterisk as an outbound proxy?

Thanks,
G
Sponsor
gregd72002
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I've just realised why I did not get any responses... that was a stupid question I asked :)

But, could someone point me a way of setting up milkfish behind a nat/firewall? So it uses a stun server or any other way?

My setup is as follows:

Code:

INTERNET ----- NAT/FIREWALL ROUTER ----- MILKFISH ROUTER
                                      |
                                      |
                              SIP PHONE

I am in full control of all the routers. I am able to register with my voip provider using my MILKFISH ROUTER as proxy but I am not able to make any calls.
The two routers (NAT & MILKFISH) are bridged together and are on the same subnet.

I also tried to make MILKFISH ROUTER being on DMZ but it does not seem to help when doing calls.

What am I doing wrong?
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:32    Post subject: A though Reply with quote
I suggest you change the NAT/router with the milkfish router. and put the phones in the same subnet with the milkfish's LAN. Since milkfish is a its own NAT/STUN workaround, and you are setting it up in a double NAT enviroment, it might be causing the problem.

In fact, I use a similar setup, but with the milkfish router facing the Internet, and when I add SIP phones inside the secondth's router LAN I start to have problems 'cause the double NAT as well.
luckman212
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
guys can someone help me understand something...

I have a dedicated asterisk server already on my LAN at home, behind my NAT. But I have set up my ddwrt to port forward the SIP & RTP ports to that server. I have some phones here at home that register over the LAN to the asterisk box, and I have 1 "remote" extension (my cellphone).

would Milkfish do anything for me in this case? or is it only for people who do not have their own Asterisk/pbx server already? Sometimes I have problems with 1-way or no-audio when I use the sip client on my phone from outside the house, I thought maybe Milkfish can help somehow in this case.
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks you have an issue with the RTP port(s).

Milkfish can work as a workaround for poor's man STUN, but if you have an * device, perhaps you can setup a STUN connection to clarify both parties what ports to connect to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: