China 3G router help needed to identify and flash dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
peanut_hu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
peanut_hu wrote:

You say that the cable needs to be powered from the router side too, so i assume i have to connect the PIN4 (square) pin of the router to the serial cable converter, but which pin should i connect it to? Assuming blue and white are the RX/TX pair, and i know that the black is the GND, i have to connect either green or orange to the router's 3,3V?

Well, I say that at least one cable that I have needed to be powered from the router since it didn't get power to its serial section from the USB port.
Since you don't get any echo back when directly connecting the 2 wires together that most likely are tx and rx then I believe that you may also have one of those cables that needs to be powered externally.

You don't want to guess which of the cables it is. you should now check with an ohm meter in the phone connector that you cut off.
And yes, it should be connected to the square pad in the router.

I made console pins of paperclips (they make good contact and are easy to solder). I just did it in the end with 50-50 Smile
I had to connect the square pin to the orange pin (which is based on the DKU connector pinout is the insertion/removal detect pin. I will post the bootsequence in a couple mins after getting my cable properly soldered.
Sponsor
peanut_hu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router console shows now, but some characters are sometimes garbage:

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Jul $1 2010 - 14:36:48)

Board: Ralink APSoC DRAM: 32 MB
relocate_code Pointer at: 81fac000
======= config usb otg =====
flash_protect ON: from 0xBF000000 to 0xBF020593
protect on 0
rrotect on 1
protect on 2
protect on 3
protect on 4
protect on 5
protect on 6
protect on 7
protect on 8
protect on 9
flash_protect ON: from 0xBF030000 to 0xBF03FFFFprotect on 10
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

============================================
Ralink UBoot Version: 3.2
ASIC 3052_MP2 (Port5<->None)----------------
DRAM COMPONENT: 128Mbits
DRAM BUS: 32BIT
Total memory: 32 MBytes
Date:Jul 1 2010 Time:q4:36:48
========?===================================
icache: sets:256¬ ways:4, linesz:32 ,total:32768
dcache: sets:128, ÷ays:4b¥¹Íéé32 ,total:16384

##### The CPU freq = 384 MHZ ####

SDRAM bus set to 32 bit
SDRAM size =32(Mbytes

Please choose the operation:
1: Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP.
2: Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP.
3: Boot system code via Flash (default).
4: Entr boot command line interface.
9: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via TFTP.

You choosed 3

3: System Boot system code via Flash.
## Booting image at bf050000 ...
Image Name: Linux Kernel Image
Created: 2010-07-08 14:52:04 UTC

System Control Status = 0x00440000
Image Type: MIPS Linux Kernel Image (lzma compressed)
Data Size: 3321792 Bytes = 3.2 MB
Ìoad"Address: 80000000
Entry Point: 802d4000
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
No initrd
## Transferring control to Linux (at address 802d4000) ...
## Giving linux memsize in MB, 32

Startiog kernel ...

LINUX started...

THIS IS ASIC

3G Router Start!
peanut_hu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems i successfully made a brick... i accidentally loaded the flashfile via TFTP into the bootloader code... Embarassed
(router ip is 10.10.10.123 and tftp ip is 10.10.10.3 in variables, default image was test.bin)

I know i am an idiot... but still:
I suppose the only way to unbrick it is to unsolder the flash chip and reprogram it, or is there a way to reflash the chip without unsoldering like on the WRT54GL with a JTAG cable?
radmir
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont know how to debrick via JTAG, but this is bootloader from my router if you need.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
peanut_hu wrote:

I suppose the only way to unbrick it is to unsolder the flash chip and reprogram it, or is there a way to reflash the chip without unsoldering like on the WRT54GL with a JTAG cable?

Taking out the chip and programming it in an external programmer is currently the only solution.
Tjtag does'nt have support for Ralink router and most of them does not have a jtag port connected or accessible anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Taking out the chip and programming it in an external programmer is currently the only solution.
Tjtag does'nt have support for Ralink router and most of them does not have a jtag port connected or accessible anyway.

You answered a question I was going to post on my bricked ESR-9850 since uBoot is gone. The ESR-9850 has 8 pins that appear to be possibly JTAG but not sure.

Once a brick always a brick Laughing
peanut_hu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
peanut_hu wrote:

The only problem now, that i need to create an "image" that contains both the bootloader and the firmware itself because the chip programmer writes the "whole" chip area, or i need to know the chip adresses whereto write what part of the files.

Is it okay if i just do a binary copy like this to create an image to write to flash:
like: copy /b uboot.bin + rtn13u_asus_to_ddwrt.bin wholeflashimage.bin

It may not be worth to do it, but i am willing to revive my router, i have a friend who has a programmer for flashchips and can solder/desolder the chip too.

....or if i simply write the uboot.bin code to the beginning on the chip i can flash anything again by console...
peanut_hu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
radmir wrote:
I dont know how to debrick via JTAG, but this is bootloader from my router if you need.

Thank you, it will come in handy when i try to revive my router next week when removing and programming the chip directly. I can just hope it is compatible with my router model too...

- edit: Looked at the file i see it is same version U-Boot 1.1.3, fingers crossed Smile
dts
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
could someone check software reboot? Seems like does not work, Aceex NR22 build 14896
peanut_hu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
My project is over... the costs to get the chip out, program it, and solder it back would be almost the price of the router itself. I have a white brick with two antennas now Neutral
suaveguyc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wanted to post a follow-up question on this - I have the same exact router as peanut_hu and managed to solder some pins onto the board as well as use a TTL cable to gain console access via the jtag. So basically up to the point where peanut_hu had the flash issue.

I wanted to ask radmir & Radem about their flashing process from this point forward - I was planning on the RT-N13U rev A flashing process, but I assume that I can skip the asus-to-ddwrt.trx step and go straight to the bin? And I would load this into the system code, not the Boot loader as peanut_hu did - sorry, very novice at all this!
radmir
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, you should flash bin file. Also you can skip dd-wrt and flash wive-rtnl firmware if you don't need usb (it's more stable and faster).
dts
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought the same white Bococom router. So, how can I reflash him to dd-wrt? Could someone provide step by step procedure with dku-5 serial cable? Or maybe someone know how load dd-wrt without soldering.
john2kin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
dts wrote:
I bought the same white Bococom router. So, how can I reflash him to dd-wrt? Could someone provide step by step procedure with dku-5 serial cable? Or maybe someone know how load dd-wrt without soldering.

hmm well this is interesting i think Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Please choose the operation:
1: Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP.
2: Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP.
3: Boot system code via Flash (default).
4: Entr boot command line interface.
9: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via TFTP.

You choosed 3

Cannot select anything else. How can I choose 4? Router ignores my input.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: