Linksys WRT54G v8 issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
GinjaNinger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 15:09    Post subject: Linksys WRT54G v8 issue Reply with quote
Hi - I've looked through the site, but haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm not sure if it's because it's not here, or if I just don't know what the exact issue is. I'm betting it's my ignorance, because I seriously doubt what's going on with my router hasn't happened before.

I originally put DD-WRT on this router a couple of years ago. I ended up using it as a glorified network card (one computer didn't have room for a network card). Eventually I ended up putting the router in the garage.

Due to some changes, the modem and router (not DD-WRT) had to move rooms. As a result, the Xbox cannot connect to Live. Rather than buy the adapter or run a really long cable, I'd like to have this DD-WRT router connect to the current network and enable internet on the xbox.

I've tried to access the router, but I cannot. I've tried 192.168.1.x, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1... and a few other things, but I cannot access it. I can connect to it via the wireless connection, but it cannot connect to the WAN/Internet.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to access the router, and then get it to connect to the current wireless network, and allow the xbox to access it via the DD-WRT router.

Thanks - I apologize for being so ignorant of this. I have rudimentary networking skills.
Sponsor
GinjaNinger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also -
The DD-WRT router has the same SSID and password as the 'normal' router. I think this may have been in order to use it as a receiver.
UrbanVoyeur
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should do a hard reset as per the Peacock thread, section 1.

That will make your router available at 192.168.1.1 from a wired connection.

You can proceed from there to the bridging Routers, Peacock thread section 15

Caveats:
Make sure your router is a WRT54G and NOT a GS (a GS may brick on a hard reset - see Peacock)
Make sure it is v8 and not 8.1 - the 8.1 may have issues with DD-wrt.

Before you start, please read the Peacock thread and the model specific page for your router in the wiki.

Last edited by UrbanVoyeur on Sun Apr 08, 2012 20:18; edited 1 time in total
GinjaNinger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got it. For some reason I was thinking that I wasn't supposed to hard reset. But i did and it's all good now. Thanks for the help. I did read peacock, but just brainfarted. I blame too many kids and not enough coffee!
Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: