Rt-n16, wifi unstable and not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Astein
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 15:44    Post subject: Rt-n16, wifi unstable and not working Reply with quote
I've a Asus rt-n16 running with the dd-wrt big image loaded on it. Most of the features areworking fine except for the wifi. It is driving me crazy. Sometimes it is working and i can connect but many many time the wifi network is not seen or if it is seen i cannot connet.

Any ideas what could case this problem? Is it the temparature? I've read something about this on the forums but my box is NOT warm at all.

Any suggestions to solve this?

I've tried an older dd-wrt build and also the minot/small build but it doesn't solve the wifi problem!

Thanks.
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
With little info posted here on your settings etc, i would advise simply with reading the announcements at the top of this forum for starters then work from there.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Astein
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
With little info posted here on your settings etc, i would advise simply with reading the announcements at the top of this forum for starters then work from there.

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please explain what other info you need?
I've read the various forums but there is a huge amount of info and it is to difficult to read it all.

I can provide a lot of info but then i need to know what to provide. Your help on this is appreciated.

Thanks.
Astein
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
The trick probably is that the router needs to be reset to factory defaults after loading a new dd-wrt image. After a factory reset it seems that the wifi is working again. Hope it will be stabke now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: