Need help with unlisted Router SMC Barricade N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
DuneBuggy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:05    Post subject: DD-WRT running on SMC Barricade SMCWBR14S-N4 Reply with quote
In the hardware section of my previous post, I forgot to say that the ground of the transistor circuit is connected to Pin 5 (the ground pin) of the DB9 RS-232 connector.
Sponsor
vkjuju
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 15:17    Post subject: Re: SMCWBR14S-N4 Reply with quote
BobZombiE wrote:
I flashed my SMC Barricade N SMCWBR14S-N4
with latest firmware of Senao ES-9752SC

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2013%2F12-24-2013-r23204%2Fsenao-ESR9752SC/

And everything is working perfectly , also the LED of LAN is working. ( i did not test the WAN LED ) Laughing

Hi, Bob:
I have a smcwbr14s-n2, can we flash it with Senao ES-9752SC as well ?

thanks
vkjuju
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:35    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT running on SMC Barricade SMCWBR14S-N4 Reply with quote
2. If you put the circuit board on a table so that the WAN and LAN connectors are facing you, power socket on your right, and the antenna on your left, then the 5 pins, from left to right, are Unused, Transmit, Receive, and Vcc (3.3VDC).
>>Hi, DuneBuggy,
In your step2, can we do it by a normal usb-ttl serial cable? I found there's nothing showed up by my usb-ttl cable...

thanks
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:51    Post subject: Re: SMCWBR14S-N4 Reply with quote
vkjuju wrote:

I have a smcwbr14s-n2, can we flash it with Senao ES-9752SC as well ?

thanks

No, the -n2 has only got 2MB flash so you will brick it if you try to force a dd-wrt build onto it.
vkjuju
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got one smcwbr14s-n4 and flashed it with firmwares of the above, but I can't get universal repeater worked, there's no wan ip after setting it to "repeater mode", any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
vkjuju
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 14:15    Post subject: Re: Need help with unlisted Router SMC Barricade N Reply with quote
arthur_barnhouse wrote:
The SMC Barricade N uses Ralink hardware, has a 4MB flash chip, and 4MB RAM. IThe Barricade is not listed on the supported devices, but honestly, I bought it for $20, and it can't do bridge functions like I thought which makes it less than useless for me, so I kind of just want to attempt to flash it and install, with the full understanding that it might brick it. Where can I download the generic Ralink installation?

>>Hi, Arthur,
I just followed your steps on my smcwbr14s-n4,but failed to configure it as a repeater, have you tired it on repeater mode ? there's no wan ip generated though.

Thanks
chienbinhso13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
My SMCWBR14s-N4 has been Bricked because web flash error. Now router can't assign Ip address from PC or another Router to TFTP. How to fix it?
chylik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think now you can contribute with sending bricked device to DDWRT team Smile

I will also try flash my device, so maybe I will be the second Wink

Btw did you use the binary for tftp flash or for webflash ? I guess for webflash. Unfortunatelly you can use only tftp method to flash this smc router. It was mentioned before.
Telek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI: I was able to successfully TFTP both the 2013 image mentioned previously, and the latest beta build (r27490 2015-Jul-06). I cannot yet speak to the stability, but so far so good.

I already had a USB/TTL adapter lying around with jumper cables, so it was actually trivial to connect since the header on the router already has pins. Connected gnd/rx/tx and 115.2k and good to go.

I didn't bother replacing the IP address, I just set my computer to 10.10.10.3 and downloaded tftpd32 and easy peasy.
DuneBuggy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:03    Post subject: Correction to my Jan-22-2014 post, pinout for serial connect Reply with quote
Today, I had to reflash my smcwbr14s-N4 SMC router, needed the instructions I posted on Jan 22, 2014, 6:59, and discovered that Step 2 had an omission in the pinout for serial communication. From left to right, the pins are Unused, Ground, Transmit, Receive, and Vcc (3.3 VDC). (In my post, I accidentally omitted "Ground".) So sorry if this messed anybody up!

Reply to vkjuju: I have never used a USB-TTL device; so, I don't know how to make that work.

Reply to chienbinhso13: I made the same mistake and "bricked" my smc after web-flashing with the Nov-13-2015 Senao-ESR9752SC-webflash.bin. I followed my Jan 22, 2014, instructions and got it working again using firmware.bin.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: