DIR-412/DIR-300 'wl assoclist' equivalent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
siafu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:45    Post subject: DIR-412/DIR-300 'wl assoclist' equivalent Reply with quote
I have a D-Link DIR-412 running DIR-300 rev b DD-WRT firmware (build 23194 - 12/22/13 std). I'm using it as a WDS repeater and it is working well. However, I monitor my wireless networks and keep track of the number of wireless clients connected to the network. Normally I use 'wl assoclist' (Broadcom) or 'wl_atheros assoclist' (Atheros WRTs) for this purpose. I pipe the output through wc -l to get the number of associated clients at any given time.

I noticed that Ralink hardware has the wl_rt2880 command, but 'wl_rt2880 assoclist' does not return any results for me on this hardware/firmware combination. Wifi users are displayed through the DD-WRT web interface, but I can't figure out an equivalent command line command to use in my scripts.

Any suggestions on a 'wl_rt2880 assoclist | wc -l' equivalent on a DIR-412/DIR-300? Or perhaps a link to an updated binary of wl_rt2880 that I could download as part of bootstrapping the WRT into /tmp?

To reiterate, what I'm looking for is a command that a script can run that will return the number of clients attached to the AP at the time the command is executed.

Thanks!

WZR-HP-AG300H & DIR-412 (Nairobi - Kenya)
WRT54GS v3 (Bunia - DRC)
Sponsor
siafu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, so no one seems to have any ideas. Since the DIR-412 is a WDS client-only, with nothing directly attached to its single Ethernet port, I decided to use "arp -a | wc -l". This will count any ARP table entries that exist, and theoretically these should only exist if there are connected wireless clients (who are sending IP traffic). Since there will always be the router's IP in the ARP table, I'll subtract one from the output to get the (theoretical) number of connected clients.

If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it, but I think this is the best I can do for now without 'wl_rt2880 assoclist' working on this HW/DD-WRT build configuration.

WZR-HP-AG300H & DIR-412 (Nairobi - Kenya)
WRT54GS v3 (Bunia - DRC)
marcash
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
i tryed on dir 615d with ralink wifichip this comand via ssh:

wl_rt2880 ra0 assoclist

i get no error but also no output. it will just go to next line without comment
kojirole
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
ultil now we cant use usb port on dir 412,so sad. is there anyone working on this Sad ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: