Buffalo WZR-HP-G301NH web-flashed to dd-wrt v24-sp2 14402

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
RyukyuDave
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:56    Post subject: Buffalo WZR-HP-G301NH web-flashed to dd-wrt v24-sp2 14402 Reply with quote
I purchased a Buffalo WZR-HP-G301NH (Japanese Version) a couple of days ago and successfully flashed it to build 14402 within 20 minutes of removing it from the box. Smile It would have taken less time except that I had some difficulty navigating through the Japanese menu to find the firmware upload page.

From the Router Database for this model, I used the initial flashing file, "buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-MULTI.bin" and then the web upgrade, "wzr-hp-g301nh-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin" file. That was it...that easy.

This is a new model due out in the US maybe within the next couple of months. So far, it seems to be working great with dd-wrt. The upgrade was a breeze...BIG thanks to the developers and feedback from the dd-wrt community Exclamation
Sponsor
orcrist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone else confirm success on web flashing the firmware as described above? I'm considering buying this router, the Japanese version.
rkaede
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
theres one specific thread about the japanese version. maybe u can check there
RobertJapan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
After reading this thread I ran out and got the same router and can confirm that it works.

Since I mistakenly started to setup my router I had to do a hard reset 30-30-30 before I started though. It worked perfectly and was up and running quickly using the files mentioned in the first post.
pidibi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 13:59    Post subject: works Reply with quote
I can confirm it too - I bought it from Korea (original FW was in english but sometimes wifi stopped to work)
I flashed it as descirbed before with
buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-MULTI.bin" and then with the web upgrade "wzr-hp-g301nh-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin
ohooghuis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Note that once you flash it to DD-WRT, it is impossible to flash it back to the original firmware. I wish I knew it before...
RobertJapan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was able to restore my factory firmware no problem. I found the english one for it and installed it from the dd-wrt webflash screen and then the router recognized it as non japanese and reverted back to the Japanese firmware.
jellois
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was also able to install DD-WRT like the others but it doesn't seem to be stable.

Both my iphone 4 and ipad are are able to keep connection, but my Lenovo notebook loses it every few minutes.

Lenovo is using G, Iphone/Ipad using N ... Not sure why?..

How did you reflash back to the OEM firmware?
RobertJapan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I reverted back to the original firmware because it seemed like once a day I had to reboot the router for it to work with the dd-wrt software, guess that means that it might be unstable.

the trick I found to restore it was to install the English buffalo factory firmware from the dd-wrt revert to factory firmware option. Once that is done there is something in the router that racognizes that it's not Japanese and it did the rest by itself, seemed to download and install the japanese firmware all by itself.

I'm not a computer guy but I'd guess that there is something in the router that doesn't get erased when you intall the dd-wrt that interfers with operation. The dd-wrt is just different enough that it can't revert back but probably causes disconnects and so on.
ohooghuis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
RobertJapan, where did you find the English Buffalo factory firmware? I thought the G301NH was Japanese only...
alexjac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can restore my factory firmware no problem. I found it in English, and installed DD - WRT webflash screen, then the router recognizes it as a non-Japanese returned to Japan's firmware.

Navigation

Jump to: