setting up miltiple SSID's and give them in multiple VLAN's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
fleptin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 18:22    Post subject: setting up miltiple SSID's and give them in multiple VLAN's Reply with quote
Hey!

After reading a lot about VLAN's and VAP's I can't find a way to get following configuration running on a Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N.

I want this:

+-----------------------+
|DD-WRT AccessPoint|
+-----------------------+
| | |
| | +-------------------- VLAN80---- [Firewall]--WAN
| +----------------------- VLAN100---- [Firewall]--WAN
+-------------------------- Default-VLAN (Management-LAN)

I would like to define 1 switch-port to my internal Management-Lan, where i can configure Web-Interface of the access-point. An other switch-port i want to make trunked, so that over this port the VLAN80 and VLAN100 will be tagged to my managed-layer2-switch.

Then i want to have two WLAN-SSID's, so that one SSID is the access-point to VLAN80 and the second SSID ist the access-point to VLAN100.

I was able to create furhter SSID's and make a bridge. But i was not able - after reading the VLAN-wiki - to give the VLANs directly or trunked to a defined switch port with the nvram set commands on the command line.

The Buffalo DD-WRT has no WEB-GUI for defining the VLAN to the ports as it is possible on Linksys.

Perhaps can someonge give me the right hints to get the SSID's bridget to a VLAN, which i can get out to a LAN-port as defined portgroup and in an other example as tagged-VLAN which is part of a trunk from an uplink-port.

hope you can help me!

fleptin
Sponsor
fyi2000
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - WZR-HP-G300NH WAN port fried, can I move it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:10    Post subject: tagged vlan's? Reply with quote
ok, as i can see in your link, port-based vlan's are not supported for my router with dd-wrt.

it isn't necessery for me, i have a managed uplink-switch, where i can make a portgroup and a trunk. so i want to define vlan100 on a defined port and a trunked port with all vlans. the trunked port i want to connect to my buffalo whr-hp-g300n.

but it doesn't work: i gave the router an ip from subnet in vlan 100 (basic-setup, network setup) and go to networking, adding vlan tag 100 to eth1. after saving, applying and rebooting the router, there is no ping working from other vlan100-member, ping is only working from the default-vlan-members.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: