Accepting all Suggestions!

abishur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 18:04    Post subject: Accepting all Suggestions! Reply with quote
I'm looking to set up a dansguardian and tinyproxy on a router but it's been several years since I've done any dd-wrt stuff and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on which router they've found particularly worthwhile. Wireless N, gigabit ethernet, and usb ports are all nice, but not essential to me. I'm just looking for something that is very stable. Thanks guys!
Sponsor
cbaldan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Asus RT-N16 is a monster in hardware specs ( 32 MB Falsh, 128 MB RAM, Gigabit, 11N, 2xUSB 2.0), but it´s a tad expensive and still not 100% stable with DD-wrt.

All WRXXXX TP-Link routers have 32 MB RAM and 4 MB Flash. The WR1043ND has 8 MB Flash, 11N and 1xUSB.

Also, you can check on the http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices
Pick yours. Beware that 11N driver is also not 100% stable yet, with some slowdowns being reported on the forum. It´s still considered ALPHA status.
abishur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips! I had looked at the all supported devices page, but I know that even among the supported devices, they vary in stability, so I was hoping some people could post routers they have personally used that worked really well Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: