Seems like I have the opposite experience to you guys. I'm running on build 15704, and the I've been having problems with the wifi dropping, and one of my users is claiming her connection is lost at the same time every day, which suggests a DHCP issue. Meanwhile I've increased the DHCP lease time, but I think I'll have to end up downgrading to another build.
Joined: 06 Feb 2010 Posts: 7335 Location: Little Rock
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:41 Post subject:
It would appear that the best build is specific to what unit you use, i still use 15704 on my WRT400N and WRT160NL, works great, but on my WZR-HP-G300NH i been using the latest test build that brainslayer released for that unit within its support thread (16144) and its been working without a problem for some days now. _________________ Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ
I would like briefly to share my experience with dd-wrt on my TL-WR740Nv1 too.
First it was runnig with build 15778 beacause this is the official build at "Router database" for this device. After an issue with cloned MAC address (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=88796) I started to digging the forum. Looking for a solution, I found that there was big jump at released builds, so I flashed it with the latest - 16214. The issue with the cloned MAC was still persists, so after a suggestion by fyi2000, who was pointing me to this thread, I desided to revert back to build 15704 too (like buddee does).
So, I was surprised when I found that with build 15704 I have better txpower, when router is setted at Mixed mode (UNITED_STATES - exactly 16dBm - I will not go further why, because it was discussed at many other threads). With both - 15778 & 16214 - those 16dBm was achieved only if the wireles is in G-only mode, in all other cases the txpower drops to 13dBm, which was inconvenient for me.
So, for now I'll keep build 15704 until some major changes are going to be made in future builds.
Congrats to buddee!
Four weeks ago I bought a couple of WRT400N routers and installed r16214 on both. I'm using the 2.4GHz for G,N and 5GHz for only N. WPA2-Personal-AES. I've got the 2nd WRT400N setup in Client Bridge mode (with only the 5GHz radio enabled) near my TV, so it has a TiVo, Xbox, and Sony blu-ray connected to it.
So far it has remained stable except for one hiccup where ath0 (2.4GHz G,N) seemed unresponsive and wouldn't accept client connections. I tried to disable it and enable it via the web gui, but that seemed to lockup the whole router, so I rebooted. That has only happened once. Other than that no noticeable problems with r16214.