Atheros Recommended Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
samgu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tp-link 1043nd and have been working a while with 17201 release. Router is working fine, and I am getting a better signal (around 75%) over 63% with 16XXX releases.

Since I don't use DDNS, bur SAMBA and other features, it's running pretty well!
Sponsor
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
E2100L 17201 worked pretty well in Client Bridge mode as repeater but has low throughput - To be fair it could be signal issues but I made my down to 15704 and settled on it same mode works well 3 mbps down and 2 mbps up which was worth all the hassle since the unit is up in the attic.

both builds have very little error in tx / recv. But both builds are "B" when the network goes down as they tend to lock me out - maybe this is the nature of repeater mode if not a back door for maintenance would be nice for wireless access.

cheers
TreborG2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 22:41    Post subject: Linksys 2100L - DD-WRT 17201 Reply with quote
I've been on 17201 for several months .... I did have issues with crashing wireless when Iphones and a Toshiba Laptop got onto my network. The network would become unresponsive with the simple "power cycle" bringing things back up for a while .. no specific amount of time ...

what I ended up doing, was bringing up my older WRT54gL and putting the iphones & toshiba (everyone bascially except *me* and *mine*) onto the 54GL and have had little to no problems since.

The few concerns I have are
1. DDNS does not seem to be working at times (unknown why) I've had it set to forced update 1 to 5 days ... and over the past 4 months I've still gotten notice that the update isn't showing daily.

2. QOS doesn't seem to work .. I tried it with VOIP as the service type & then with just ip/host and in both cases it seemed to have no effect on my VOIP box/service as I still got choppy and poor performance. I get better performance without QOS enabled..

I've not seen any problems with bandwidth either wired or wireless .. I've frequently done in-house streams of my Sling Adapter (8 to 12 megs) without issue ... and download and upload speeds through my 2100L are what has been advertized by Comcast (4 to 10 megs down load, 1 to 3 megs upload)

I do wish, that there were a proper sticky announcement thread, of the latest recommended build for Atheros like there is under the Broadcom threads. It would also be nice (both camps) to see a consolidated list of confirmed problems in major build clusters ... something so that people could see them without having to try to dig through the bugtrack to try to find a timeline of problems.

I think proper versioning is a major problem for DD-WRT and quite possibly the single worst thing making it seem to languish at times.

hundreds if not thousands of builds up there ... but uniform testing and other version specific things not known without digging .... perhaps reserved for the core testers and builders .... but something that would be nice to have a peek into from the outside, without a steep ramp-up curve to get useful info from.
vid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone got any build recommendations for a TP-LINK WR1043ND v1?

I'm using 14896 at the moment and have tried a range of higher builds, but no other build seems to let me get the unit functioning in wireless repeater bridge mode properly. That said, 14896 isn't the most stable by far.

Keen to know what everyone thinks!
HAZArD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone got any build recommendations for a fonera 2100 this device driving me crazy! I've already seen and experienced the recommended build in the router database (14896), but it doesn't work I mean like Client Bridge.
Right now I've flashed build 19519 and even this one is broken while instead works like a charm on a 741nd

Please suggest me a valid build for this little hell device...

In the meanwhile Merry Xmas to all of U!!!
keroro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
HAZArD wrote:
Anyone got any build recommendations for a fonera 2100 this device driving me crazy! I've already seen and experienced the recommended build in the router database (14896), but it doesn't work I mean like Client Bridge.
Right now I've flashed build 19519 and even this one is broken while instead works like a charm on a 741nd

Please suggest me a valid build for this little hell device...

In the meanwhile Merry Xmas to all of U!!!

I'am using fon 2100 for Client Bridge and failed too.(not getting ip from DHCP, high cpu usage,crush whole network...etc)
My setting is just like wiki tutorial,(setting client bridge and VAP..blahblah)

After doing some searching in forum post, they recommanded rev 14311, a little older one, like:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=745505#745505
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=506018#506018
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=471781#471781

And yes, it works normally with Client Bridge like a charm! no metioned problems above.
I think I'll stick with r14311 now.(downloaded from officail router-base page)
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 23:58    Post subject: Re: Linksys 2100L - DD-WRT 17201 Reply with quote
TreborG2 wrote:
I've been on 17201 for several months .... I did have issues with crashing wireless when Iphones and a Toshiba Laptop got onto my network. The network would become unresponsive with the simple "power cycle" bringing things back up for a while .. no specific amount of time ...

what I ended up doing, was bringing up my older WRT54gL and putting the iphones & toshiba (everyone bascially except *me* and *mine*) onto the 54GL and have had little to no problems since.

The few concerns I have are
1. DDNS does not seem to be working at times (unknown why) I've had it set to forced update 1 to 5 days ... and over the past 4 months I've still gotten notice that the update isn't showing daily.

2. QOS doesn't seem to work .. I tried it with VOIP as the service type & then with just ip/host and in both cases it seemed to have no effect on my VOIP box/service as I still got choppy and poor performance. I get better performance without QOS enabled..

I've not seen any problems with bandwidth either wired or wireless .. I've frequently done in-house streams of my Sling Adapter (8 to 12 megs) without issue ... and download and upload speeds through my 2100L are what has been advertized by Comcast (4 to 10 megs down load, 1 to 3 megs upload)

I do wish, that there were a proper sticky announcement thread, of the latest recommended build for Atheros like there is under the Broadcom threads. It would also be nice (both camps) to see a consolidated list of confirmed problems in major build clusters ... something so that people could see them without having to try to dig through the bugtrack to try to find a timeline of problems.

I think proper versioning is a major problem for DD-WRT and quite possibly the single worst thing making it seem to languish at times.

hundreds if not thousands of builds up there ... but uniform testing and other version specific things not known without digging .... perhaps reserved for the core testers and builders .... but something that would be nice to have a peek into from the outside, without a steep ramp-up curve to get useful info from.

if u stayed up to date many of those issues u wouldnt have especially with qos..this is atheros not broadcom(& still..) there is no reason to be on a old problematic build..

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: