Asus RT-N56U released and available!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
drbeijing
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
It'd be great to see this little monster rocking on DD-WRT! Thanks for the effort!
Sponsor
Darryl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone managed to connect to this router at wired gigabit speed? So far I've tried 3 different routers of the same model and none of them will work with any of the gigabit gear I have. These are all "known working" devices/cables as well.

I hope it's just a firmware issue and not a permanent flaw within the general hardware of all the RT-N56U.
turtle76
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darryl wrote:
Has anyone managed to connect to this router at wired gigabit speed? So far I've tried 3 different routers of the same model and none of them will work with any of the gigabit gear I have. These are all "known working" devices/cables as well.

I hope it's just a firmware issue and not a permanent flaw within the general hardware of all the RT-N56U.

I am having issues as well. Upgraded firmware, exchanged for a new router. All didnt help. Guess have to wait for dd-wrt or blast their support centre again...
rhdcheme
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
turtle76 wrote:
Darryl wrote:

I am having issues as well. Upgraded firmware, exchanged for a new router. All didnt help. Guess have to wait for dd-wrt or blast their support centre again...

I have no problems with my wired Gigabit PC (Realtek PCI GBE) & laptop (Netgear GA511 card) to this router. Using CAT 6 wiring. Orange lights on the LAN ports and Windows confirms 1.0 Gpbs link.

Using latest Asus firmware 1.0.1.3. Very stable and a fast router indeed.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
rhdcheme wrote:
turtle76 wrote:
Darryl wrote:

I have no problems with my wired Gigabit PC (Realtek PCI GBE) & laptop (Netgear GA511 card) to this router. Using CAT 6 wiring. Orange lights on the LAN ports and Windows confirms 1.0 Gpbs link.

Using latest Asus firmware 1.0.1.3. Very stable and a fast router indeed.

Just managed to fix my problem.
Needed to disable IPv6.
Apparently that causes some problems with various routers.
rhdcheme
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darryl wrote:

Needed to disable IPv6.

Hmm...my PC with Vista64 has IPV6 on by default and it still connects at 1.0 Gbps.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
rhdcheme wrote:
Darryl wrote:

Needed to disable IPv6.

Hmm...my PC with Vista64 has IPV6 on by default and it still connects at 1.0 Gbps.

All my computers are Linux. I still blame this on the router though as all of my dd-wrt routers work fine at 1gb :)

But I'm up and running now. Just needed to disable ipv6 in grub.
newprof
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 19:18    Post subject: Works for me Reply with quote
Darryl wrote:
Has anyone managed to connect to this router at wired gigabit speed?

Sure. No problem at all.
flamur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
is this router enough to handle 100/100mbit fiber, pressing torrents with alot of connections 24/7?

I have a dir-655 now and it cant handle that, not even close...

*I have used google* ^^

Best regards
newprof
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
flamur wrote:
Hello,
is this router enough to handle 100/100mbit fiber, pressing torrents with alot of connections 24/7?

If your network connection is supported by the N56U at all this router will very likely be your best shot at wirespeed performance with many connections except for some dedicated high end routing devices.

The performance claims of Ralink and Netgear regarding the HW NAT are -- as you probably can imagine -- somewhat tricky to verify except by trying in a real life environment. ;)

I'd say give it a shot and please let me know what you find.
chrishsu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
klauzer wrote:
I have asus 56 router. In the beginning I thought that this router is very good. Every thing worked great. But now I can find the attached usb hdd with my boxee or PS3. Download master does not work as it can't find the usb device. Maybe someone here knows how to solve it?

Hello!

When I updated the latest firmware 1.0.1.3 and Installed the latest utility 4.1.6.6 . I have no those problem and using very well. Maybe you can go ASUS website to download the newest firmware as below : http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=RT-N56U&p=11&s=2
flamur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
newprof wrote:
flamur wrote:
Hello,

If your network connection is supported by the N56U at all this router will very likely be your best shot at wirespeed performance with many connections except for some dedicated high end routing devices.

The performance claims of Ralink and Netgear regarding the HW NAT are -- as you probably can imagine -- somewhat tricky to verify except by trying in a real life environment. ;)

I'd say give it a shot and please let me know what you find.

sry to say, but will have a computer running as firewall in a day or two... I got tired of trying out different routers that do not work, so this will be a nice conversion =) hope you find your answer.
turtle76
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody here have any similar issues as me? I am having frequent disconnections such as below and its really driving me nuts. I am using the latest firmware and Windows 7.

Mar 19 21:42:48 RT-N56U: udhcpc starts
Mar 19 21:42:48 dhcp client: deconfig: lease is lost
Mar 19 21:42:48 kernel: ip_table: set wan_name=eth3
Mar 19 21:42:48 WAN Connection: WAN was exceptionally disconnected.
Mar 19 21:42:49 detectWAN: perform DHCP renew
Mar 19 21:42:49 kernel: ip_table: set wan_name=eth3
Mar 19 21:42:50 RT-N56U: udhcpc starts
Mar 19 21:42:50 kernel: ip_table: set wan_name=eth3
Mar 19 21:42:50 WAN Connection: WAN was restored.
Mar 19 21:42:50 kernel: ip_table: set wan_name=eth3

My ISP only allows dynamic IP hence I cant set a static IP to try and see if that resolves the issue. Crying or Very sad
chrishsu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
ztsen wrote:
swedan wrote:
ztsen wrote:
Anyone have issue for LAN to LAN? I tried using VNC within same subnet but failed. Tried using port forward also helpless.

Yup. I couldn't use VNC either. What's more annoyingly though is that when my wifi is protected, my Android phones won't event see the wifi. The firmware on this is really sucky to be honest. Had to go back to my WNDR3700 until the issues are resolved. I'm hoping for a dd-wrt release for it.

I submited my req to Asus for 2 weeks also no solution yet. Hopefully DD-WRT can be the rescue.

I am using UltraVnc 1.0.8.2, and server - RT-N56U - Internet - RT-N56U - client with opening both HWNAT of RT-N56U. The connection is working fine and well.
ztsen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
chrishsu wrote:
ztsen wrote:
swedan wrote:
ztsen wrote:
Anyone have issue for LAN to LAN? I tried using VNC within same subnet but failed. Tried using port forward also helpless.

Yup. I couldn't use VNC either. What's more annoyingly though is that when my wifi is protected, my Android phones won't event see the wifi. The firmware on this is really sucky to be honest. Had to go back to my WNDR3700 until the issues are resolved. I'm hoping for a dd-wrt release for it.

I submited my req to Asus for 2 weeks also no solution yet. Hopefully DD-WRT can be the rescue.

I am using UltraVnc 1.0.8.2, and server - RT-N56U - Internet - RT-N56U - client with opening both HWNAT of RT-N56U. The connection is working fine and well.

Hi, thanks, I manage to use the VNC, is my bad, the dst server FW blocked it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: