Asus RT-N56U released and available!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
mbelsky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gingernut wrote:
What happend to some dev imput in this thread on the status of porting this router.

It does seem strange that nothing what so ever has been said.

+1 - Any way we can get a status update from a dev? Either "we are working on it" or "its never gonna happen" and the reason that there is an issue?
Sponsor
mbelsky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbelsky wrote:
Gingernut wrote:
What happend to some dev imput in this thread on the status of porting this router.

It does seem strange that nothing what so ever has been said.

+1 - Any way we can get a status update from a dev? Either "we are working on it" or "its never gonna happen" and the reason that there is an issue?

BUMP!
Harsh132
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/downloads/detail?name=RT-N56U_1.1.2.2-005_newgui.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges
we are working on it Smile
FF1024
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:39    Post subject: Cron jobs Reply with quote
Hi

Does anybody know how to schedule a command to execute every few minutes or so?

As far as I know the correct way is using CRON jobs but these are not available in the asus firmware.

I would like to run a chmod 777 on my transmission download directory since the permissions that it has does not allow me to move the downloaded files.

I can run the chmod once but then after a while the transmission permissions are active again, also with every new finished download.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
mbelsky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 14:52    Post subject: RT-N56U_1.1.2.2-006 (en-ru) Reply with quote
Standard Version (New WebGUI) http://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/downloads/detail?name=RT-N56U_1.1.2.2-006_newgui.zip&can=2&q=
Standard Version (Old WebGUI) http://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/downloads/detail?name=RT-N56U_1.1.2.2-006_oldgui.zip&can=2&q=
Mini Version (New WebGUI) http://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/downloads/detail?name=RT-N56U_1.1.2.2-006_newgui_mini.zip&can=2&q=
Mini Version (Old WebGUI) http://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/downloads/detail?name=RT-N56U_1.1.2.2-006_oldgui_mini.zip&can=2&q=

=============================RT-N56U_1.1.2.2-006 firmware by Padavan======================

Changes to firmware ver. 1.1.2.2-005:
------------------------------------------------------------
- Fixed large files (>2GB) support in vsftpd 2.3.5 (regression in ver. 1.1.2.2-005).
- Fixed Web GUI issues in AP mode (NewGUI).
- Fixed Web GUI issues under Mozilla Firefox browser (OldGUI).
- Fixed host names on Wake-On-Lan Web page (NewGUI).
- Fixed user input checking logic on Virtual Server Web page.
- Fixed user input checking logic for LAN IP address and mask.
- Fixed the Web GUI issue on switching Router -> AP mode.
- Fixed download settings and syslog under Safari browser.
- Fixed broken pre-route for the local VPN Server and Transmission when DMZ host is set.
- Hid ISP VLAN settings in VLAN-based firmware build, where they are temporary not functioning.
- Allowed wide range port selection for HTTP and SSH access from WAN.
- Added anonymous share modes for internal FTP server (vsftpd).
- Added "LED OFF" mode for green/yellow LEDs on PHY ports of Ethernet switch.
- Ability to disable ARP ping alive of remote gateway for "IPoE: Automatic IP" WAN mode.

Changes to firmware ver. 1.1.2.1-004:
- Update Linux kernel to wive-rtnl trunc 3.1.3:
1) IPv6: keep permanent addresses on admin down.
2) MIPS: Reorder operations in stackframe.h for better scheduling.
3) netfilter: possible unaligned packet header in ip_route_me_harder.
- Updated kernel driver pppol2tp from wl500g project, TX buffers reallocation eliminated.
- Fixed pptp kernel driver, HW_NAT is now working properly in conjunction with PPTP MPPE
encryption, transmit speed (TX) is increased, all TX buffers reallocation is eliminated.
- Added scheduler for Guest Wi-Fi AP.
- Added list of connected VPN clients to VPN server.
- Increased max length of login/password in VPN server's ACL (max 32 symbols).
- Fixed problems with logins and passwords containing "space" symbol in VPN server's ACL.
- Fixed bcrelay control during several simultaneous VPN clients connections.
- Added forced DDNS update every 48 hours to prevent DDNS account removal by some DDNS
services due to the account inactivity.
- Updated udpxy to v1.0.23.
- Updated minidlna to v1.0.25.
- Updated vsftpd to v2.3.5 with new ACL extension module.
- Updated transmission to v2.61.
- Added new Wake-On-LAN page with hosts list (NewGUI).
- Added pop-up window with usb-disk status (NewGUI).
- Fixed DMZ issue (regression in ver. 1.1.2.1).
- Fixed firewall DoS filter (loosened syn limit).
- Fixed DHCP client in AP mode. DHCP client in AP mode is now disabled by default.
- Fixed the issue with "Restore Settings" function on the Administration page (NewGUI).
- Fixed Latvia/Estonia DST. Please update the timezone from the list.
- Fixed network charts for VLAN-based firmware build (NewGUI).
- Fixed the Reboot button issue on Main_AdmStatus_Content.asp page (NewGUI).
- Fixed issues on the Advanced_WAN_Content.asp page (NewGUI).
- Fixed the output format of Route table in the Web GUI.

Changes to firmware ver. 1.1.2.1-003:
- Reverted upstream commit "pppd: Make MSCHAP-v2 cope better with packet loss" due to
the pppd failure in conjunction with some ISPs (regression in ver. 1.1.2.1-002).

Changes to firmware ver. 1.1.2.1-002:
- Activated complete HW_NAT offload on both directions for WAN PPPoE (~900 Mbit/s) with
2xRGMII connection scheme.
- Added support for Mac partition table to the kernel configuration.
- Fully rewritten iptables rules for the internal firewall. Fixed errors, eliminated security
hole in FORWARD chain. Fixed the NAT loopback issue, when FastNAT path is enabled.
- Fixed WiFi drivers bug with multicast packets delivery to the clients in PSM state (e.g. all
mobile gadgets), it was causing service delays (regression in ver. 1.1.2.0).
- Fixed xl2tpd bug (incoming ZLB after call closed).
- Moved ALG settings to a separate group. ALG PPTP (+GRE) settings were abstracted from
NAT passthrough filter settings and are more defined now.
- Added custom AT-commands field for 3G RAS-modems.
- Added a call of custom user script /etc/storage/started_script.sh after the router start-up
process completion.
- Added custom user configuration file /etc/storage/dnsmasq.conf for dnsmasq.
- Enabled TFTP server in dnsmasq build.
- Restored complete resetting of all IGD miniupnpd forwarded ports after router reboot.
- Restyled Web GUI "NewGUI" to "ribbon_fixed". Author - eagle23.
- Added VPN server's ACL control to the Web GUI.
- Added Wake-On-LAN function to the Web GUI.
- Added new syslog floating panel with notification function (NewGUI).
- Added ON/OFF status of WiFi radio and Guest AP to the main page (NewGUI).
- Improved SystemInfo charts (NewGUI).
- Fixed broken 2.4GHz Wi-Fi scheduler (NewGUI).
- Fixed multiple other issues in the new Web GUI.
- Updated transmission to v2.60.
- Added automatic creation of the /transmission directory on USB storage (if it is not existing)
during Transmission start-up.
- Added busybox "inetd" applet.
- Deleted a lot of deprecated strings from NVRAM to free available NVRAM space. Router reset to
firmware defaults is necessary for the changes to take place.

WARNING!
These features are NO LONGER AVAILABLE:
- WPS/WSC (completely disabled due to the serious security hole).
- ASUS Download Master is no longer supported. It was replaced by Transmission.
beut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 14:40    Post subject: dnsmasq Reply with quote
Hello Very Happy

I run the last firmware and like to use dnsmasq local domain to for my home network.
But I don't know how to do... Confused
If someone could help a noob...

My home network workgroup is "BTHOME" and the PC's with DHCP reserved adress are:
"RITA", "MAT" and "STEPH" (1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 IP)
Router IP: 192.168.1.2

Thanks a lot Wink
bbjayo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:35    Post subject: LAN to WAN Filter Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I've just started using 1.1.2.2-006 NewWebGUI and it seems pretty good.

One frustration I have is that I'm trying to schedule access restrictions for some clients using the Lan to Wan Filter. I want to block all WAN access for specific clients at different times.

I can see that I can use different times but there's only one filter table so it looks as if I can create only one set of restrictions.

Am I missing something?

bb
David448
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed 1.1.2.2-006 NewGui, then switched to the OldGui as I like it better.

Wow what an improvement. If nothing else for a client list that actually works.

Hopefully the Lan to Wan filter works.

I too would prefer a more flexible, and more options in the filter. I'm pretty sure you can do it, but it requires some custom coding into the config file.
bbjayo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
David448 wrote:

Hopefully the Lan to Wan filter works.

I too would prefer a more flexible, and more options in the filter. I'm pretty sure you can do it, but it requires some custom coding into the config file.

Yep, it definitely works. I'm trying out the latest ASUS beta 3.0.0.4_206. It has what looks like a nice parental control feature where you can block internet access for separate clients at different times on different days.

The client list still sucks and there's no way to name clients which is a bit of a pain too.

I have to say, after getting used to Tomato, dd-wrt and gargoyle on various routers over the last 5 years or so, I'm really struggling with proprietary firmware Smile

bb
David448
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hear ya on the proprietary FM.

I have been running DDWRT on an old Linksys router for YEARS. However, when I realized it was robbing me of more than 30Mbs of Wan download speed, I had to give it the boot. Enter the RTN56U.

Does that Asus firmware Wan filter allow you to filter by MAC address? That's really what I want.

I like to run DHCP on my wireless side of things, and it's hard to filter those devices via IP when it's on DHCP. I had no issues with the old DDWRT cause I could just use the device MAC.

I also liked being able to shut down Wan access at different times, on different days. School nights, down at 9:30. Fri-Sat, down at midnight. Can't do that now.
bbjayo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
David448 wrote:

Does that Asus firmware Wan filter allow you to filter by MAC address? That's really what I want.

Sure does. There's a tutorial on YouTube that shows how it works. I'm not sure if external links are allowed here but just search for Asus Routers Parental Control Tutorial and you'll find it easily. You have to ffwd three quarters of the way in before you get to see the actual tutorial. The bulk of it is some weird social comment / parental guide from ASUS Smile

It would be great if the custom firmware could implement this functionality. I'm not so interested in the GUI side of things but some way to schedule multiple rules in IP tables would be good.

It would also be great if when adding port forwards / static IPs etc, you could edit the entries. ATM you can only delete and add anew.

bb

Last edited by bbjayo on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:02; edited 1 time in total
David448
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just installed that new beta FM.

Seems a little buggy, but I like it. Haven't messed with parental control yet.

I tried putting a domain into the URL filter, and it completely reset my router. All the way back to default like I had done a hard reset. I thought I bricked it. Had to pull the plug and was finally able to get back in.

So yeah, be weary of the URL filter. Shocked
mr_manny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
version 1.1.2.3-010 has been released.

make sure to save your config before you upgrade Smile

ATTENTION:
If your current firmware version is 1.1.2.2-006 or lower, it is absolutely necessary to save your
settings to a .CFG file using WebGUI BEFORE upgrading to a newer version. After the upgrade, restore your
settings from the saved .CFG file in a usual way.

Changes to firmware ver. 1.1.2.3-009:

- Fixed bug in javascript on Web pages Wireless - Wireless MAC Filter.
- Fixed bug in NTFS driver (missing kernel library TEXTSEARCH in kernel config). Regression in
ver. 1.1.2.3-009.

Changes to firmware ver. 1.1.2.2-006:

- Increased available NVRAM space from 32 to 60 kb. To avoid losing of user settings it is necessary
to save them before the upgrade and restore them from the saved .CFG file after.
- Increased table data's input limit up to 64 items.
- Disabled NAPI (RX-polling) of wired network kernel driver (raeth) in 2xRGMII mode.
- Added UVC kernel modules (webcam support).
- Added discrimination between work-days and weekends in Wi-Fi AP and guest AP scheduler.
- Added ability to enter description of each Wi-Fi MAC address in Wireless MAC filter.
- Extended Firewall's MAC Address Filter function to a full-fledged Parental Control function. Each
MAC Address Filter entry may now be associated with particular time and day of the week.
- Updated tunnelbroker.net DDNS service link in "inadyn".
- Added 3 retry count limit for DDNS refresh (inadyn).
- AsusDDNS client was moved to "inadyn". Deprecated "ez-ipupdate" package was removed.
- Corrected some design shortcomings on DDNS web page when using AsusDDNS.
- Added ability to disable STP protocol in LAN bridge when the device is in "Router" mode.
- Added DNS3 field in DHCP server settings.
- Disabled forcing of router's LAN IP as DHCP's DNS if at least one DHCP's DNS address is entered manually.
- Added drop-down listing of clients with auto-substitution in MAC and IP addresses fields on the majority
of the web pages (NewGUI).
- Increased the limit of "Maximum simultaneously connected users" setting up to 50 (SMB/FTP).
- Added ability to hide partitions on a storage for FTP protocol. Create a file named .hidden in the root
directory of the partition to hide it.
- Corrected logic of table data entries removal. Now those entries will be properly removed from NVRAM.
- Fixed UNIX password (telnet/ssh access) issue for login or password that contain characters "$".
- Added an ability to control the LEDs on the front panel of the router.
- WPS button settings, Ethernet LED and Front LED settings were moved to a separate page named "Tweaks".
- Altered the default order of some pages in WebGUI.
- Added separate page "Advanced_Netfilter_Content.asp". Removed "NAT Passthrough" page.
- Added "show/hide password" buttons (NewGUI).
- Added icons for Storage/Printer/Modem (NewGUI). Thanks to the ixbt-forum user "AK47".
- Added button "Clear" to syslog floating panel.
- Ability to change LAN parameters without reboot.
- Updated Russian localized strings.
- Fixed issues in Transmission WebGUI (2.61+).
- Fixed "Wi-Fi scheduler time-zone changes won't take effect without reboot" issue.
- Updated dnsmasq to ver. 2.63.
ibnaia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

My router is on last official firmaware (1.0.1.8j), What I have to do to install de Padavan Firmware?

Only save de .CFG file and flash the last padavan's firmaware (RT-N56U_1.1.2.3-010_newgui.zip) using de Oficial Tool??

Another things
-is there any Tutorial to config transmission?
-Can I install Flexget ?

Ty All
Mr_Meaty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been running the russian firmware on this router for a week or so. It's better then the stock firmware for sure in that it stays on, doesn't drop connection, and has some other monitoring features, plus the minidlna is still built in, which is nice, but parts of it are just ... unpolished. For example, The the mac filter in the wan tab lets you block access to certain mac address during certain time periods, and shows that mac in the block list, but it doesn't actually work. If you manually block and unblock it works, but that feature in the gui does not seem to do anything. Same thing with the guest wireless. I love the fact that I can enable a guest wireless and not have mac filtering rules applied to it when mac filtering rules are applied to my main network, but i don't like the fact that the guest network has full access to my main network. Kind of pointless. There is a switch in the gui that you can toggle to disable that, but it also seems to do nothing. It would also be nice to be able to delete the dhcp lease on specific machines when I want them to pull new addresses.

It's hard for me to go back to my Linksys E2100L because the range is not as good, but the dd-wrt firmware on it is just so much more solid. I understand that a unit has already been donated. Has any progress been made on getting proper dd-wrt running on the Asus rt-n56u?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 12 of 14
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: