Repeater bridge and SSID broadcast option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
diegoqueiroz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 14:12    Post subject: Repeater bridge and SSID broadcast option Reply with quote
I was following the http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge tutorial to configure a Repeater Bridge in Asus RT-N13U revB1 router (Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) std). First, it is important to say that everything seems to be working, despite some minor problems.

I am just concerned about the SSID broadcast option Enabled in the Physical interface. Really, why should it be enabled? I would be glad if someone clarify this for me.

PS: While I am typing this message, I disabled SSID broadcast on the physical interface of the repeater and everything seems to be working just fine.

EDIT: I was wrong about the repeater becoming inaccessible after some time. It has nothing to do with any SSID conflict. But I am still in doubt about the SSID broadcast option.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: