Buffalo WHR-HP-GN high latency with qos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
zsh0cking
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 23:47    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-HP-GN high latency with qos Reply with quote
I am not all that experienced with networking, but normally when i ping my router, i get around 1ms latency, with or without QoS enabled. However, as soon as another computer starts downloading the latency from my pc to the router is approximately anywhere from 50-500, when qos is enabled. When qos is not enabled and someone is downloading, i get around 1 ping to the router. I am not sure the cause of this but it is very irritating because I am trying to use qos to split up the bandwidth equally between the 3 computer in my house so that latency is always low. my connection is fairly slow (1mbps/256kbps)
Sponsor
zsh0cking
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 23:48    Post subject: .... Reply with quote
oh and i am running DD-WRt with firmware v24sp2
edunn28243
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're not alone. This router has massive problems and the buffalo-branded DD-WRT is no solution. Your problem is one of the most regular. Under loads, specifically in many connections, the router's latency seems to skyrocket. In my experience, it's based on driver instabilities that are best corrected by installing OpenWRT, latest distro as directed on their webpage. It aint the easiest thing to do, but follow directions and you should be fine. It will void your warranty. It's a shame it takes voiding the warranty to gte it to work right. My condolences. Buffalo will not be getting anymore business from me. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: