DLNA Media Server on E3000 - is it possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
BrazilRoute
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
crashfly wrote:

While I have not set up CIF on my router (I have set up an external /opt and /jffs), I do know this much. If you had to manually mounting something to get CIF working, then you will have to do that manual "something" to keep it working at boot time. If there was some automation by DD-WRT going on, then that "automation" should continue to work at boot time.

The problem is that I haven't been able to get it working either manually or automatically. I don't mind doing it manually if I have to, but at this point I'm not sure this is even possible.

Also, the reason I was trying to use CIF was to follow zoomlink's suggestion. I'll be glad to try anything else... The main purpose here is to get the miniDLNA to map the drive correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Sponsor
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrazilRoute wrote:

The problem is that I haven't been able to get it working either manually or automatically. I don't mind doing it manually if I have to, but at this point I'm not sure this is even possible.

It is possible, although I myself have not tried these instructions. There is more information about it in the wiki under this article: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/JFFS_File_System. Near the bottom it explains on how to use CIF. That is the best I can do for now.

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
BrazilRoute
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
crashfly wrote:

It is possible, although I myself have not tried these instructions. There is more information about it in the wiki under this article: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/JFFS_File_System. Near the bottom it explains on how to use CIF. That is the best I can do for now.

I read that but it starts from the CIF partition already mounted... Sad
BlaBlaBla32
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 20:38    Post subject: So... any news?! Reply with quote
Hey People!

I have the same E3000 and probably the same problems : the lack on DLNA servers.

The provided DLNA servers on optware are not working using K2.6.

And as I understand we can not use the K2.4 for E3000 as there were no drivers supported by the manufacturer for K2.4.

So the only solution is using the KONG build or the Tomatousb build.

I tried the lates KONG build. It works great!

Just I have problems with miniDLNA. It sometime hangs and rescan the folders everytime you start. Also I would like to disable the album arts in the files. The rescan is a problem as there are about 34k files in 1.8k folders. :-O At the moment I try different thinks to let it work and find out why it hangs using the debug mode.

So my question is : Does anybody know a way to use some of the other DLNA servers? Are there any plans to make them working on K2.6 or are there maybe included in the KONG or Tomato builds?

At the end I wanted to thank everybody who provided the information here and Kong for the great build/work he does! Smile

bye
Andre
gambitmac
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
any luck on getting this to work??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mediaservers and other external apps, that need to query the network interface only work under dd-wrt if they have been build with dd-wrt toolchain. DD-WRT extends ethernet interface structures. This is why in general dd-wrt is not compatible with external package repositories.
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Mediaservers and other external apps, that need to query the network interface only work under dd-wrt if they have been build with dd-wrt toolchain. DD-WRT extends ethernet interface structures. This is why in general dd-wrt is not compatible with external package repositories.

It was working with Build Kong 19545, and has recently stopped working on all versions past that. Is there no way to implement a fix for this?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
gambitmac wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

It was working with Build Kong 19545, and has recently stopped working on all versions past that. Is there no way to implement a fix for this?

I was planning to install the Kong mod on my ASUS RT-N16 router.

From what you say, MiniDLNA will not work on any Kong build after 19545. Is that right? So, I have to install that 19545 build?
Thanks!
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
soyxan wrote:
gambitmac wrote:

I was planning to install the Kong mod on my ASUS RT-N16 router.

From what you say, MiniDLNA will not work on any Kong build after 19545. Is that right? So, I have to install that 19545 build?
Thanks!

Technically, all kingkong builds have working miniDLNA. Some may have problems with more than one media server, this happens especially on bridged routers (a question of igmp routing).

2 times RT-AC56U running DD-WRT 45493 (one as Gateway, the other as AP, both bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Asus RT-N16 shelved

E4200 V1 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: