Asus RT-N16 /opt mounted twice on 2 separate - Build 15778

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
geva420
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 21:22    Post subject: Re: usefull workaround Reply with quote
yionatan wrote:
Hi all,

first of all i want to send big thanks to "geva420" for a very usefull workaround and very fast answer.

His solution is working for me wery well - yet ... Smile

I really dont need DATA partiton which is primarily intended for share via Samba or FTP !

So on my 8 GB flash disk i have only 2 partition:

first is 128 MB for swap and rest of free space i use for ext2 for /opt .

I tried a few restarts over command line and everithing withou problems.

So the current situation is more than enough for me.
If i will have any problem with this in future i will post it here Smile

Thanks again for useful tip geva420

No problem. I read a lot about people trying to fix the problem- which were the usual DD-WRT hours and hours to troubleshoot something.

I prefer avoiding the problem and getting things working quickly. Glad to hear it worked. I'll remove my DATA partition as well when I get home. It's nice to have there, but I use a NAS anyway, so any Samba/NFS/FTP/AFP shares are all on the NAS.

Cheers.
Sponsor
jpritikin73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 14:35    Post subject: easy solution to twice mounted problem Reply with quote
I was getting twice:

My data volume was hiding my optware so nothing was working.

I thought this is such a silly problem. I looked at the source code in SVN. The USB automount is implemented in DD-WRT/src/router/services/services/usb_hotplug.c. Around line 500, it is easy to see that the automounter only tries to automount partitions 1-6. So if you are getting more than 1 partition automounted, move the data partition to a partition# greater than 6, like 7. Problem solved.
geva420
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 15:53    Post subject: Re: easy solution to twice mounted problem Reply with quote
jpritikin73 wrote:
I thought this is such a silly problem. I looked at the source code in SVN. The USB automount is implemented in DD-WRT/src/router/services/services/usb_hotplug.c. Around line 500, it is easy to see that the automounter only tries to automount partitions 1-6. So if you are getting more than 1 partition automounted, move the data partition to a partition# greater than 6, like 7. Problem solved.

Nice work around. What conditions are being used to consider the partition as an Optware partition? Setting it as a partition 7 or above is good, but how can I keep the automount script from mounting the newly created filler partitions as /opt as well?
jpritikin73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
What conditions are being used to consider the partition as an Optware partition? Setting it as a partition 7 or above is good, but how can I keep the automount script from mounting the newly created filler partitions as /opt as well?

Set the partition type to 0 (empty) and don't create a file system on them.

BTW, the Optware partition needs to be #6 or less. It is the data partition that needs to be greater than 6.
geva420
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome! Thanks. Very helpful.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't know there was a thread for this until it got bumped to the top of the list... I cured this on my RT-N16 in the startup script.

redhawk

Clipboard01.jpg
 Description:
startup for cure double /opt mount.
 Filesize:  50.71 KB
 Viewed:  6976 Time(s)

Clipboard01.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 18:16    Post subject: RT-N10u b1 Reply with quote
Hi

my status is as below, and optware is not installing. can any one help me out ???

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.95 KB
 Viewed:  5431 Time(s)

Capture.JPG

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: