R7000 - Kong build and Hardware Acceleration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
NorthernBrewer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:53    Post subject: R7000 - Kong build and Hardware Acceleration Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm in the market for a new Router, and the R7000 seems tempting given the HW. If I purchase this router, I will be using the Kong build of DD-WRT for the features.

I've read that DD-WRT lacks HW accelration. In the R7000 section of DD-WRT, it seems to me that the limitation is only for WAN to LAN with Ip4 NAT. My internet connection is 100mbps, so for external NAT the Kong performance is good enough.

I'm not into the deep technical details, so I would be greatfull if someone can help me with a clarification:

Will the Kong build perform as stock FW with LAN-LAN, WLAN-WLAN and WLAN-LAN?

If the limitation is only for external Ip4 communication with NAT, the lack of HW accelration is not an issue for me. But I would like full perfomance in my internal network, with both Ethernet and Wireless.

Thank you for any help Smile
Sponsor
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:06    Post subject: Re: R7000 - Kong build and Hardware Acceleration Reply with quote
NorthernBrewer wrote:
Hi,

I'm in the market for a new Router, and the R7000 seems tempting given the HW. If I purchase this router, I will be using the Kong build of DD-WRT for the features.

I've read that DD-WRT lacks HW accelration. In the R7000 section of DD-WRT, it seems to me that the limitation is only for WAN to LAN with Ip4 NAT. My internet connection is 100mbps, so for external NAT the Kong performance is good enough.

I'm not into the deep technical details, so I would be greatfull if someone can help me with a clarification:

Will the Kong build perform as stock FW with LAN-LAN, WLAN-WLAN and WLAN-LAN?

If the limitation is only for external Ip4 communication with NAT, the lack of HW accelration is not an issue for me. But I would like full perfomance in my internal network, with both Ethernet and Wireless.

Thank you for any help Smile

Internal performance is pretty much the same. We are working on hw acceleration support, but that won't come too fast.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 19:05    Post subject: Re: R7000 - Kong build and Hardware Acceleration Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

Internal performance is pretty much the same. We are working on hw acceleration support, but that won't come too fast.

Thank you for your quick reply. It is very good the open source community has individuals as yourself who invest your spare time (quite a lot it seems), for the common good of the community.

If I end up with the R7000 I will be donating, and hope many people in the community do as well Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: