Another DIR-615 problem thread - rev E1 with Build 15778

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
freejack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok so I am not crazy, this is an issue. I have the DIR-615 E3 and it appears to connect when bridging, just no type of routing. It does not serve any dhcp from other router. Sad thing to report is if I try to get to it from the other side of the network with it's fixed IP I can not access it either. I will be trying the older firmware and hopefully that fixes this issue for now.
Sponsor
freejack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok I got it to work this evening but only through WDS not bridging. It is working with a Netgear WN802T V2 firmawre 3.1.1 . Using WDS I full throughput and good connection. I know this is a workaround but if anyone was as frustrated as I was when locally looking for a range extender/ repeater you will understand.
The Mentalist
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
maxrsp wrote:
Mentalist,

This is at least the second thread you have replied to (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=81664&highlight=dir615 is another) indicating you have done this successfully with 615 rev E1.

Unfortunately I have not seen the detailed instructions you followed to make this happen. It seems you referred to the wiki but I doubt you followed those instructions exactly because dozens of us have tried this without success.

Could you please post the specific steps / instructions you have used to make this work? Thanks!

The first post I think I put it in the guy never came back and asked. Is my crude drawing basically what you are trying to accomplish? I can get screen shots from both my routers if you'd like.
Qwertar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey All,

I have a DIR615 E3, and I've been having the same problem. Using E3 build 15778, no client repeater option. Also, client bridge does not work.

If I had know this would be an issue with the model, I wouldn't have bought it :(

Q
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: