WRT610N v1 - is it possible to recover using TFTP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
vovan.nl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 20:47    Post subject: WRT610N v1 - is it possible to recover using TFTP? Reply with quote
Hello,

Just to be sure before giving a try to recover the router using serial console, I have a question. As it is mentioned on http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT610N it's not possible to recover router using tftp. However, there's a remark "not really an issue anymore". Does that mean, I _can_ recover using tftp or I _can't_ recover using tftp but should use put my router in management mode and then try to flash it?

My problem is that I can't set my router in "management mode" (tried all 3 methods). However, I can transfer images up to ~3.8Mb to my router using tftp, however CFE doesn't work properly as it is described (power led keeps blinking). Is there chance to recover besides using serial console? Using serial isn't a problem besides getting a proper cable...
Sponsor
Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you can clear the NVRAM, then TFTP will work. I had a hiccup the other day with a WRT320N and discovered that the WPS NVRAM erase method didn't work due to a fault in the circuitry.

However the WRT610Nv1 should go into recovery mode after a 30/30/30 reset followed by an additional 30 seconds of just holding the reset button down with power still applied.

Afterwards, follow this Wiki:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash#Recovering_with_TFTP

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
vovan.nl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Masterman wrote:
If you can clear the NVRAM, then TFTP will work. I had a hiccup the other day with a WRT320N and discovered that the WPS NVRAM erase method didn't work due to a fault in the circuitry.

However the WRT610Nv1 should go into recovery mode after a 30/30/30 reset followed by an additional 30 seconds of just holding the reset button down with power still applied.

Afterwards, follow this Wiki:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash#Recovering_with_TFTP

Thanks for the answer. I've just tried the reset method as you described, but still... no management mode. Dont know what could it be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: